Thread: Slow performance of Windows XP after installing KB973687

Slow performance of Windows XP after installing KB973687

I am using Windows XP on the computer of mine. I have recently installed KB973687 on the system to upgrade with SP2 to SP3. I have found that system becomes completely unusable till the first login process is completed. Well this particular process is taking almost 20 minutes to being completed. I am suspecting that issue is being happening due to update of DLL with using this particular patch KB973687. Can anyone let me know how can I make my system to work normal? Any suggestion to meet the requirement will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Slow performance of Windows XP after installing KB973687

Well looking at the situation I am suspecting that this performance issue is being caused by the services.exe which using 1.5 GB of the virtual memory and gradually it releases the virtual memory. Once the login process is being completed the usage of the memory returns to the normal level where it should be. Well I have done lots of research work on this particular matter and I have found that this particular issue is being suffered by the people who have installed Windows XP for last one year. Till now I am not having any solution to fix this particular matter. But I will let you know any solution as soon as I come across with the same.

Finally I have found the solution for this particular matter. Well I have used Comodo's System Cleaner 2.2.129172.4 has fixed the problem of mine. I think due to some odd setting done on the CSC LastGood.tmp directory was being read by the hard disk consistently. Well this particular process was utilizing 90% to 99 % of the memory of my system. Once it gets completed the usage of the system memory gets down to normal. Well I have used process explorer from the sysinternals which helped me to discover the issue and it notified that services.exe utilizing the memory of the System. Well I have simply uninstalled CSC from the computer of mine and from where I am not having an issue.

Well I highly suspect that this problem is particularly due to Virus or Malware attack on the computer of yours. Let me know whether you have installed any antivirus on the computer or not. According to me a good antivirus is very essential to protect your computer from the Virus and Malware attacks. Essentially I recommend that you should go for Microsoft PCSafety to see whether there is virus or malware is causing the problem. You can get Microsoft PCSafety from the official website of the Microsoft. I am hoping that it will help you to solve the matter.

You told me that this problem is being caused by after installing KB973687 on the computer of yours. Well so the solution is very simple for this particular matter. You need to uninstall KB973687 patch from the computer of yours. Once you have uninstalled from the computer you need to reboot your computer. I think it is the most efficient solution for this particular matter. Let me know whether it was helpful to you or not.

I am suggesting couple of thing which you can do to troubleshoot this particular matter. First of all you should try to do clean boot your computer. Clean boot will help you to find out the whether there is a compatibility issue with application program or some services which is causing the problem. Well let me know whether you have done with system restore or not. In this particular solution we are going to restore over system to the previously created restore point where there was no issue on the computer of yours.

Let me know whether any of above solution helped you or not to fix the problem of yours. Well I recommend that you should contact Microsoft Customer Support team regarding this particular problem. Well either you can email or directly contact Microsoft Customer Support Executive through hotline. Tell them everything regarding you problem and they will let you proper solution after nominal period of the time. I am hoping that Microsoft Customer Support team will help you to fix the problem of yours.