Thread: How to uninstall storeagent from Mac OS X

How to uninstall storeagent from Mac OS X

I have a Mac in my home. Whatever the app I needed for that computer, I will just login to apple appstore and install the app from there. However two days ago I have installed the new app from there. It was actually a background process and the name of the app was Storeagent. Later the apple itself revealed that it is a spyware. So right now I want to get rid of this from my Mac. So is there any safe way to uninstall it. I need to remove it completely from the Mac. Please help me.

Re: How to uninstall storeagent from Mac OS X

I am also waiting for a complete solution to remove this commercial application that integrates the Mac. I have one solution which I tried for other apps however it didn’t seems to be sufficient enough. I am talking about simply delete the store agent by locating its source file like below.
    / System / Library / PrivateFrameworks / CommerceKit.framework / Versions / A / Resources / storeagent
    If this isn’t enough for that app then deactivation by the use of the terminal and the commands are as follows:
    Code:
    sudo launchctl unload-w / System / Library / LaunchAgents / com.apple.store_helper.plist 
    sudo launchctl unload-w / System / Library / LaunchAgents / com.apple.storeagent.plist

CleanApp is a extremely sensible application to uninstall software totally on Mac OS X. In fact, software that is installed generates numerous files and folders during installation (preferences, temporary files, log files etc). Therefore, when you desire to take away software from the Finder, they will find the files as well as folders linked with the software to uninstall it from the system. CleanApp therefore proposes to discover files as well as associated files and removes the whole thing completely. Even though CleanApp is not a free application and it is extremely helpful and crucial software for Mac OS X.

To uninstall a program, in principle, if there is no uninstaller, just drag the icon from the Applications folder to the trash and it will delete it. The program may have some preference file has been left somewhere in operating system without deleted, but unlike Windows, you will not notice a malfunction or slow to have these files out there. So you don’t need to worry about those files. The Mac does not require the clean un-installation of applications.

I heard that there is no method or option to completely uninstall applications or software from the Mac OS X snow leopard. However the only option in the Mac is find the app icon or source icon and drag that icon to the trash. This is the only way to remove from the system. If you do know the location of the source folder or file of that app then you can make use the commands in terminal window to uninstall it. I know that there are several uninstaller app from third party retailer. But there is no guarantee that they will remove all things. However you could try one of those if you can.

AppZapper makes it straightforward to uninstall applications together with each and every one of their associated files inside Mac OS X Snow Leopard. Merely drag-and-drop the unnecessary application into program's interface and AppZapper will get together and list each and every one of the interrelated files thus you can eliminate them from your HDD in single cut down jump. The developer of this application indicates it the "uninstaller Apple forgot" and we concur that it is together tremendously helpful and comprehensible.