Thread: Windows 7 - KB2454826 fails to recover after reboot

Windows 7 - KB2454826 fails to recover after reboot

I had a similar problem with a reliability update KB2454826 today. According to the update history that cannot be installed during the restart and then I get a fatal system error and have to go through the process of restoration before it can get to connect again. I'm done trying several times because I did not know at first that the updates are causing me problems and dropped to KB2454826. I've been running Windows 7 on a Vaio S laptop for several months and has not had a problem like this before this update.

Re: Windows 7 - KB2454826 fails to recover after reboot

I had two of IBM / Lenovo T61 laptops with the same problem after the January 11, 2011 update. The problem goes back to KB2454826. The patch can be removed by restarting in safe mode, but how can this review to the court with what is apparently a widespread problem? So if you guys have any suggestion related to the same then please share it with us. We will be thankful for the same.

Experienced a blue screen of death when booting my laptop (Windows 7 32 bit on Dell Vostro 1400) this morning and track down the cause of the lack of installKB2454826. The Troubleshooter Windows Update does not find anything wrong. After the Windows blue screen automatically helps to reverse the system to pre-update state. All other updates are applied, but several attempts to install all KB2454826 resulted in a failure to install / blue screen.

Please answer all questions of diagnosis than the number in your response very close:
    1. Did you upgrade to Win7 or is a new computer? Is my your PC with 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows?
    2. Win7 is of 64-bit computer or not?
    3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and your current subscription? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)?
    4. You have an application (tro) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on the computer?
    5. Norton free trial or a free trial of McAfee, are preinstalled on the computer when you bought it? (No matter if you've never used or activated).

Unfortunately my Toshiba U400 laptop is going through the same problem.I managed to remove this update. What I can say about my machine:

1. I have been upgraded to Windows 7 via Toshiba program

2. Is the 32-bit

3. AND 4. I installed the complete version of the Symantec Norton Internet Security 2011

4. Previously my system was running on to the McAfee trial which was removed by me from the original Windows Vista.

with the hope that Member States will solve this problem soon

In response to questions:

1. PC was original and updated Vista Windows 7 32 bit for quite some time.

2. I'm not sure but I think it can be. It is an Intel Core 2 Duo T8100 with NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS card as well. Not sure that would be relevant, but have had some possible problems with the GeForce drivers, but Sony have not given their own version of the Nvidia updates so you can not do anything about it.

3. Symantec AntiVirus with current subscription and updated the same day of the upgrade. Defender and Spyware Blaster.

4. Not that I remember.

5. Not sure - laptop is a little over 2 years old so hard to remember. I started a free trial of McAfee installed by accident last year when the update of Java or something similar, but almost certainly stopped him before he was also a lot.