Thread: How to restore database on a Linked Server

How to restore database on a Linked Server

My question is this I'm using a SQL script that efftettuo an operation of restoring a database like this: RESTORE DATABASE [DBNAME] FROM DISK = N'D: \ ARCHIVES SQL SERVER BAK \ NOMEDB.BAK 'WITH FILE = 1, NOUNLOAD, REPLACE, STATS = 10. This script is launched from a setup file as a parameter for the utility SQLCMD SQL Server 2008 R2. I wonder if the running setup on a computer server where you have multiple instances of SQL Server, on which instance of SQL Server database name is restored. And the next one is that if you want to use the above SQL script for a specific instance of SQL Server, how do I do? Thanks in advance for any response!

re: How to restore database on a Linked Server

The instruction is interrupted, not so much because you are specifying a new logical name for the db, but rather because you're probably going to overwrite the master data file and transaction log of a db already. If the intent is to make a copy of the db with a new name logical follow the advice given in this post or I'll call to explain better what you're trying to do :-)

To both questions is no one answer: connect with sql cmd all 'instanza in which you want to run the restore specifying server name \ instance name using the S-parameter. NOUNLOAD parameter is used only with the tape device, so it is totally useless in your command. Also, if the media set contains a single backup set also parameter FILE = 1 is redundant. Finally, make sure the account used to run the instance has the permission to access to read from the path D: \ ARCHIVES SQL SERVER BAK. So this is what I know about the same so I hope that it will help you.

Here is a step to configure a linked server So in that you have to first You must install the Oracle client software on the SQL Server where the linked server is configured. Install the driver you want on the SQL server. Microsoft only supports Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle and Microsoft ODBC Driver for Oracle. If you use Microsoft OLE DB provider for Oracle and Microsoft ODBC Driver for Oracle, consider the following: You just make sure that MDAC 2.5 or later are installed on the SQL Server. Along with MDAC 2.1 or earlier, you can not connect to databases that use Oracle 8. X or later.

Re: How to restore database on a Linked Server

Yesterday, in a final moment of despair, I turned off the firewall in Windows 2008 and it seems that all are able to operate simultaneously. Believe me for a date for the security like me it was like being skinned alive and immerse themselves in the salt, but it "seems" to work. That there is some catch right there? The TCP and UDP ports are open properly as are required by documentation (I'm not an expert on SQL so I follow almost to the letter proprosti messages during setup. Now maybe the case would be to turn thread or clone also in the section of the server systems? Thanks again and good day.

Re: How to restore database on a Linked Server

It is all the hardware recently. I will try to install the native client and see if anything changes. The procedure I followed to configure the Firewall is the same as I've reported. A memory that I had downloaded the file said to contain the service pack already, but for safety I'll try to download it and install it again. I asked the customer to turn around the screen via mail so I say precisely the message. Thanks a lot you updated as soon as I did the tests.