Thread: Unable to install KB980248 in Windows Vista

Unable to install KB980248 in Windows Vista

i have bought new dell computer and I have windows vista on my system.After that i have reinstalled the windows vista freshly. I have been updated/installed all files through Microsoft. When I tried to update the KB980248 but I continue receiving error code: 8007045D. I have attempted lot of times to update but same issue was occurring. When try to update the windows, it gives an error that fails update 2 files and 23 files need not to install. Can anyone solve this issue?

Re: Unable to install KB980248 in Windows Vista

May be your hard disk doesn’t have sufficient memory for the install of the windows vista. So therefore you need to check your memory and if you don’t have enough of memory then removes some data as per the requirement of Windows vista. First check whether you .have CPU frequency for the installation of the windows vista. Follow these steps to find out click on the start and select the control panel. Under control panel go to the system and Maintenance and at last hit on the system. Now under system you will find the all these details.

According to me the error 8007045D means ERROR_IO_DEVICE. It means that it might not be able to execute because of an input/output device. May your hard disk is corrupted. So therefore you have to run the fullcheckdisk, to do that follow some steps here, open my computer and now right click on the C drive and choose properties. Under properties choose the tools tab. Now make check on the both the check box. When you complete all these restart your system as per the instruction. It will run full check disk, which might take 1 hour or more

I would like to suggest you to reinstall the Windows vista, so that you can solve your problem. By reinstalling the Windows vista you will don’t get any problem and make sure that you have enough of disk space in hard drive. When you installing the window XP make sure that you have uninstalled the earlier installed Windows vista. I hope this will solve your problem.