Thread: Upgrade Windows XP SP2 to SP3 Manually for GTA IV

Upgrade Windows XP SP2 to SP3 Manually for GTA IV

I am running a Windows XP on my desktop machine along with the Service Pack 2 which does not seems to be easily working for the GTA IV. Can you guys tell me that how can I upgrade my Windows XP SP2 to SP3 manually. I have tried it automatically but it didn't worked for me. Is there somebody to help me here, Mind it I want to upgrade my XP manually.

Re: Upgrade Windows XP SP2 to SP3 Manually for GTA IV

Those who only a current (with respect to security updates) installation CD will have WinXP - or who is new is best only to create a CD first, and only later try out all the others. To do this you need...

• A (genuine) Windows installation CD (SP1 or SP2 or SP3) are a version of SP3 is required, in addition Windows XP Service Pack 3 WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU.exe (313.1 MB)
    • latest nlite version

Since it is not about to install any extras, or omit unneeded components (eg Windows Media Player), the following linked files are exactly the right that you need to in order to create a CD with nlite. It is best not on the desktop, so will work the same as files to D: WinHotfix save \. This is true for all files in the nlite to be included, because by working on the desktop, there are sometimes errors (eg due to long file names). And not on C: Save \ if this is the partition on the new Windows later on it will, otherwise the downloaded files are still the same at the next installation is gone.

Here I have provided the perfect series of steps that you can use to uprgade your windows xp from service pack 2 to 3.

1. nlite install, you must have Net Framework from 2.0, before installing.
    2. Start nlite and "Welcome to nlite"
    3. Select a source XPCD the inserted (or the mounted image) and in a folder can copy.
    4. "Hotfixes and Update Packs and Addons" to open it now as with the Explorer the folder where the downloaded updates have been filed. Select all files and then drag and drop.
    5. click "extended" and 1 and 3 Checked (leave or set)
    6. Options, select the tab "Patches" and SFC provide disabled (otherwise you get annoying warnings during installation and during operation is always begging for the WinCD)
    7. start the process on the next page
    8. now create an image only and a CD burning then Done. Now you can, if you still have left a partition or create a new one (which I now describe but not more) and most times the real CD (or on a virtual machine, you need to make appropriate software, there are also corresponding freeware)

Few facts about SP3:
    1. The SP3 includes not only down by a Windows hotfix that you could load upadate but updates are not automatically available via Windows or Upadtes Patch Day were as the Dual Core patch.
    2. It naturally contains all the recent hotfixes have appeared since SP2
    3. It contains updated versions of various runtime libraries were not necessarily available via Windows Update
    4. It contains updated drivers
    5. The activation model was acquired by Vista so the input the CD key during installation is no longer necessary and can also be entered later in the activation.
    6. It is the first one WPA2 encryption for WLAN

Unlike SP2, where some basic functions have been changed in SP3 has done nothing much. SP3 can only bring a variety of system components to date some of these updates can be installed directly on Windows Upadtes others can only look through the install manually. Manually install SP3 is not mandatory but who is keeping his system up to date via Windows Update then no choice because very soon the SP3 installed automatically anyway!

Still if you want a pure manual way to upgrade the service pack of your windows xp then here I have provided the same. First of all open the search bard from the start -> Run and type regedit in search bar. Now make a backup of your registry. Go to the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contr ol\Windows" and then change the value of "CSDVersion" from "0x00000200" (SP2) to the Windows XP SP3 value of "0x00000300". Close the registry editor and then reboot your machine. Now check playing the GTA IV.

SP3 for Windows XP is cumulative, including all changes of SP1 and / or Windows XP SP2 accompanied for. Therefore, an integration of SP3 on a Windows XP original version (RTM/SP0) possible. The sequence is thereby substantially identical to the well-documented approach of Microsoft to integrate SP2 into a Windows XP installation CD and is recommended in all cases. Microsoft is not wanted but for "support reasons, the installation of SP3 on a Windows XP RTM/SP0-System. For this, the standalone version of SP3 was installed a query that checks whether at least SP1 for Windows XP is installed on the system. If this is not the case, the installation fails with the error message "There has to be installed at least Service Pack 1" from. The condition of SP1 and SP2, the successful installation of SP3 is not for technical reasons, the SP3 is cumulative. Thus, users will be disadvantaged in the Rebuilding of your system "only" a Windows XP RTM/SP0-Installations-CD (ie a CD without integrated SP1 or SP2) for disposal.