Thread: Machine overheats after installing SNOW LEOPARD in Mac Book Pro.

Machine overheats after installing SNOW LEOPARD in Mac Book Pro.

I have a Mac Book Pro and in it there was a old version of OS. But now I installed Snow Leopard in it. It is an early 2008 model which is 15 inch, and has 4GB ram, 320GB hard disk. Since installing SNOW LEOPARD, my machine is now overheating. I guess that this there was a similar kind of problem in older version. But it was sorted out .Now I am facing the same problem in this version too. Does anyone know the solution to this? I fear that it might damage my Mac Book Pro.

Re: Machine overheats after installing SNOW LEOPARD in Mac Book Pro.

I think that there is some problem in the process of installation. You just need to follow proper steps for installation. What you need to do is that you need to just uninstall the Snow Leopard first. Once you uninstall it then you need to reinstall it following the same procedure you have used earlier. This will help you in removing the problem you are facing. I think that you also need to check your Mac Book Pro so see if there is any issue with it or not. But I feel reinstallation will be enough to solve your problem.

I think that my problem was due to a weird font issue with Snow Leopard. The font cache for office was causing my CPU to run at top level and was heating my computer to almost 180 degrees and draining the battery. Haven't figured out a proper solution to it but I will try out the solution provided. I’ll first uninstall the snow leopard followed by reinstallation process. I hope it works out for me and it will reduce the overheating problem of my Mac Book Pro.

There is another solution which you can check out. I am sure even this will works out for you. What you need to do is that you need to reset the SMC that is system management controller. After that you need to clear the font cache. And selectively turn off everything possible like the Bluetooth, File sharing, Screen sharing. Try out all the steps and I am sure this will work out well for your problem. This will certainly bring the temperature down and won’t drain your battery much.

Thanks for your solutions that where provided to me. I just fixed the problem and I am relieved it worked for me fine. I started by resetting the SMC that is system management controller. After that I cleared the font cache. I also reset the PRAM by 6 times. And I turned off everything that was open. When I started with it, it didn’t work properly but then I tried it later. And finally it worked. Now I am back to the old temperature and the overheating has stopped. Now the temperature has dropped by almost one third parts as what it was earlier. So once again I thank you for your solution and helping me in solving this problem.