Thread: On Mac I get constantly asked for billing information and refuse to download anything.

On Mac I get constantly asked for billing information and refuse to download anything.

I am currently using 3 Mac’s which are iMac, an Air, and a MBP. Among this 3 Mac’s iMac and the Air works perfectly. Now when I want to buy an application I get it from app store and it works great on iMac and on the Air. But when I try to do this on the MBP no applications from the purchased list gets installed. When I try to install anything it constantly asks for billing information and asks me to enter a password even though I am already logged in. Installed applications are listed in the store but they don’t get installed. If I try download a new application it goes through the same routine as listed above. Please help me out on this issue.

Re: On Mac I get constantly asked for billing information and refuse to download anything.

I had a look at your doubt and I think there is some problem in MBP .As you have mentioned that it works perfectly on other Mac’s there is something wrong with the MBP. So for this I would suggest you that you need to have a look at your MBP. Check it out and I am sure there must be some issue in it. This will help you in getting rid of your issue. Make sure you fill in all of the fields. It sometimes doesn't tell you that something is missing, but it may be. Once you are done with this then it will not ask you constantly for the billing information after that along with the password which it asks frequently.

Re: On Mac I get constantly asked for billing information and refuse to download anything.

It turns out that all you need is to do a login into your account info on your MBP and add the security code for your credit card. This needs fixing, if Apple would have provided even a basic error message would have been a help. We all switched from PCs because Macs are supposed to be intuitive and user friendly. But this is what needs to be done in order to get rid of this error. There are few steps which you need to follow to change credit card information followed by security code.

To carry further the above solution I think that even though the billing information is correct you need to be re-enter it when you access the App store from a different computer. The steps which you need to follow are that first open the app store. Now under the top menu select store and then view my account. Then login into your account. After that in apple ID summary box click on edit. Then re-enter your credit card information followed by security code. Then finally click on done .I am sure this will help you.

Thanks you for providing me with the solutions and I really appreciate you for all your support. It actually worked for me. I filled in all the fields in the billing information. Because I was accessing from a new computer that is at least, new to the app store it had deleted my credit card information as a security measure. I re-entered those details and it worked straight away. Now I can install the applications that I have purchased and it doesn’t ask for the password. Thank you once again for your suggestions.