Thread: Can't connect bsnl linktop u100 modem to windows 7 PC

Can't connect bsnl linktop u100 modem to windows 7 PC

I own a Windows 7 PC in my computer. I am using an USB plug and play device to connect to the internet. I got that USB modem from the Tata broadband service operator. It was good and very mushc portable. Last week they have changed the plan and now it becomes it expensive for me. For that purpose I switched to BSNL because it was less expensive. Yesterday they gave me a bsnl linktop u100 modem. I tried to connect it my computer but I was unsuccessful. I tried twice but I failed. I contact the nearest computer service center; they also didn’t get a way to connect it with windows 7. So is there anyone who knows how to connect it my Windows 7 PC.

Re: Can't connect bsnl linktop u100 modem to windows 7 PC

It is extremely trouble-free to install linktop U100 modem on any windows 7 computer. The barely thing you required is to do several complicated procedures. Next to with the modem wrap up you contain a mini compact disc which includes the drivers in support of windows XP as well as Vista but not for Windows 7. If you get the CD then run it in your computer. Browse through the CD folders; do not automatically run the installation. Look for Vista compatible drivers and install them on your computer. I heard that some vista drivers are compatible with Windows 7.

There is no problem in installing the modem in windows 7 until it has the compatible drivers for Windows 7. As you know you cannot use the Windows XP or Windows vista drivers in Windows 7 because they are already downgraded. With the model you might have get the driver CD. Put it in your system’s DVD drive and connect the modem to the PC. If there are any compatible drivers found then the computer will automatically starts the installation wizard and by default it will continue with proper installation. If there is no compatible driver found then the installation stops and asks for your get the proper drivers from the internet.

I have also got the BSNL linktop u100 modem when I subscribed for the BSNL internet connection. I did get the driver CD with it but I didn’t find any compatible driver for Windows 7. So I tried to install the windows vista drivers. First it didn’t install. Then I tried to run the installer file in compatible mode by right clicking it. It asked me to enter the administrator password. Even after this it unable to install and connect to my computer. So I think that it is not compatible yet.

After several search on Google I finally not capable to find any proper drivers for this modem. I did get one driver download saying that it is for Windows 7 but it didn’t worked in mine. It seems to me that I need to find a different way to get into my PC. There are some sites which offers the free download of drivers for this modem but I am not sure for which version of windows 7 it is compatible.

All are saying that you will need a proper driver for windows 7 in order to connect the BSNL modem. If there are no proper drivers then why the network provider gave you that modem. I think that you should contact the modem provider again and tell them to give you the proper and compatible modem for your computer. If it is a USB modem then you will definitely need Drivers.