Thread: Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) not in service list

Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) not in service list

Hi, my PC has ruined automatic windows update. I am utilizing windows vista 32bit. It looks that Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) has been disabled. I attempted to turn it on however the issue is it is not in the services list... as a result I am not able to set it to automatic or manual or anything. The entire supports info states is to go to services as well as set BITS to automatic... however how can i perform it if it is not in the list??? Whenever I run windows update it states "errors found code 80246008". Someone please assist.

Re: Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) not in service list

If the Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) service was in recent times deleted, meaning if you simply recently started getting this error code, you be able to utilize System Restore to rollback the system to previous to this problem first began Consecutively restoring the missing service. If this information will help you then please tell me about that over here .even i want to know how to solve this.

from my discussion i have come to conclution that you have to keep in mind that this one missing service you have recognized may merely be a symptom of a larger issue. I did advise that you run the System File Checker (SFC) on your computer system. It will not swap the missing service; however will scan as well as effort to repair other corruption that may be there. this will help you.

If you were capable to effectively restore the service utilizing System Restore you will require to ensure for updates to observe if the issue has been solved. If after you have restored the BITS (Background Intelligent Transfer Service) you carry on to get errors pertaining to this service I advise that you run the BITS Repair Tool for Windows Vista (KB940520). though, keep in mind that it will NOT run on a computer system that is missing the Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) service - so again this be able to simply be run after you are restored the service.

From my opinion you have to run the System Restore utility to solve your problem. For that you have to go to system tools by pressing Accessories and after that press System Restore. Then press Continue or offer Administrator credentials if needed. Press to select a different restore point, and afterward select next. Choose a Date and Time prior to primary symbol of the problem you have explained. If the date you require is in excess of (5) days press the Show restore points older than 5 days check field.

You have to try running the System File Checker for that go to Accessories, after that right-press on Command Prompt, in addition to choose Run as Administrator. Select Continue or supply Administrator credentials if encouraged. In the Command Prompt window provide sfc /scannow, in addition to hit Enter. You are supposed to observe the following on-screen msgs: start the system scan. This procedure will take a few times. Start confirmation phase of system scan. Confirmation % finish. Once the scan has finished you will get an onscreen message – representing the results. If system corruption was initiate “that could not be repaired” it may be essential to do an In-Place Upgrade of the Operating System.

I too get this error while I try to start BITS (Background Intelligent Transfer Service). ERROR 2: The system could not locate the particular file. I am thinking what has left to town on my system files. I have complete full scans with more than one antivirus as well as it look as ifs the system is clean enough currently. Any suggestion on how to obtain BITS (Background Intelligent Transfer Service). Any assist would be valued.

ganesank123 Guest

Try to delete the the following files.

%allusersprofile%\application data\microsoft\network\downloader\qmgr0.dat

%allusersprofile%\application data\microsoft\network\downloader\qmgr1.dat