Thread: Getting error code 80070539 while updating Windows

Getting error code 80070539 while updating Windows

I have installed Windows 7 on the computer of mine. I am getting error code 80070539 while I am trying to update Windows 7 on the computer of mine. I tried to shutdown the computer then it prompts that ‘Do not unplug or power off as updates are ... Installing 1 of 8 updates.’ I have searched on the Google for this particular problem but I did not find anything which I can apply to fix the problem. let me know if you are having same issue as I am experiencing and also let me know if you are having any solution to fix the problem of mine.

Re: Getting error code 80070539 while updating Windows

I am unable to find why this is happening in your situation. I want to know certain details regarding this particular situation. Let me know if you have done any recent changes on the computer of yours. I mean to say if you have done any hardware or software changes on the computer. I think problem seems to occurring due to compatibility issue. Another thing I would like to know what antivirus you have installed on yours system. Have ever experienced this problem before? From when you are getting this particular error code while updating? Let me know answers of as soon as possible so that I can let you what troubleshoot steps should be taken to fix the problem of yours.

Well I was getting the error code while updating the Windows on the computer of mine. I have done lots of research work and I have found that Google Desktop was the root cause of the problem on the system of mine. Now solution was very simple to fix the matter. I have simply uninstalled Google Desktop from the computer of mine and restarted the same. Finally I have tried to update windows on the computer and luckily it really worked for me. So I am suggesting you that you should see in to your system whether Google Desktop is installed on the computer if yes then uninstall it and try to update.

I have seen that this issue is occurred due to dlls in to computer of mine. I recommend that you should open task manager and see that all the processes which are associated with the dll are killed. Once you have completed you have to register following dll on the system of yours.
    Code:
    regsvr32.exe /s wuweb.dll
    regsvr32.exe /s wups2.dll
    regsvr32.exe /s wups.dll
    regsvr32.exe /s wucltui.dll
    regsvr32.exe /s wuaueng1.dll
    regsvr32.exe /s wuaueng.dll
    regsvr32.exe /s wuapi.dll
    • You have to click on start button and go for startsearch box and enter CMD in to it and press enter. Run the command prompt as Administrator. Copy and paste above mentioned thing and press enter.
    • Now you need to restart wuauserv service and try to update windows again.
    • I am hoping that it will help you to fix the matter of yours.

Well looking at the situation which you have provided I recommend that you should download latest Windows Update Agent on the computer of mine. This agent helps you to manage update which is going to installed on the computer of mine. Windows Update Agent works with Windows Update Web site in order to get lasted windows update on the computer of yours. In order to get Windows Update Agent you need to visit the official website of the Microsoft. Before installing this particular thing I recommend that you should what processor platform you are using that is x86 or x64. In case you are not sure then you should installed x86 based update on the computer of yours.

I recommend following steps which you can use to fix this particular problem.
    • You have to click on Start button and go for All Programs and simply click on Accessories. Go for Command prompt.
    • You have to click on Continue if it prompted by User Account Control.
    • You have to copy paste the following command on the command prompt and press enter.
    Code:
    net stop wuauserv
            net stop bits
            net stop cryptsvc
    • Now rename the folders which are pertaining to Windows Update. For that purpose you need to use following command
    Code:
    ren %systemroot%\System32\Catroot2 Catroot2.old 
     ren %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
    • Now again execute the following command on the command prompts.
    Code:
    net start wuauserv
            net start bits
            net start cryptsvc
    Let me know above mentioned solution was helpful to you or not.

I think you need to reset the Windows Update component on the computer of yours. I recommend that you should use Fix it for this particular purpose. You have to download it and use the instruction which is provided by Fix it wizard. Well this particular solution is having two mode that is Default and Aggressive. First of all you should run Fix it in to Default mode and see whether it is working or not. If does not help then go for Aggressive mode.

Removing the 2 year old installation of Google Desktop immediately resolved this problem.