Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows 7 FAIL ?it shows DVD missing files.

Operating Systems

Old 25-02-2011

Windows 7 FAIL ?it shows DVD missing files.

I have windows 7. I am using it from last 2 year, it work very fine for me but now when I am annoying to install onto a fresh build and during the ?Expanding Windows files? step of the install I was getting an error message saying the disk was missing files to complete installation. Now it is just going straight to Blue Screen of Death. Now the actually problem is that I do not know really what is happened and I am not able to solve the problem. If someone know the real problem so please provide me proper solution.

Old 25-02-2011

Re: Windows 7 FAIL ?it shows DVD missing files.

If you purchase the DVD from Microsoft, so there is possible, it could, may be a damaged disc to the point somewhere the ISO is unreadable. But I extremely doubt that, as I have not at all heard of this happening with any Microsoft invention (not very sure, just saying). If it is a non-legit copy, I would like to suggest you, at least one time you should to go to install any another DVD and see if same error will not occur again then, it means here problem have with your DVD.
Old 25-02-2011

After searching a lot I found it is common problem with vista and windows 7.What you could do is try to make an iso of the DVD and use that to generate a bootable flash drive to set up windows 7. Catch a bit of work, but it is superior to getting screwed since you cannot take that copy of Windows 7. Go back to Microsoft Center with no argument and complaining talk them about getting defective media. I think in my case, it had extra to do among my back up hard drive being plugged in slightly than my mouse. My back up hard disk drive has old files on it. I hope this all information will help you.
Old 25-02-2011

OK I read your problem, this may sound strange but I had the same problem on my computer and I searched online for an answer and found out that I had too much RAM in my PC to do the install. I had 8 GB of RAM and so I catch out six gigabytes and left just the one 2 GB chip installed and the installation finished completely. After the install I put my RAM back inside and all works very well. I was doing clean install of windows 7 final and not the upgrade option. I hope this information help you.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,