Thread: Windows 7 Storing ISO files within VirtualStore folder

Windows 7 Storing ISO files within VirtualStore folder

I usually make the iso’s from the DVD with the help of the DVD Shrink. Recently, I have noticed that all of my ISO files are getting stored within the VirtualStore folder. Now I am able to burn that back to any DVD and those files are stored in fine condition. This seems to be very strange that how can it be stored in the c:\ directory, that is my root directory. Do you have any idea that why is this happening to me.

Re: Windows 7 Storing ISO files within VirtualStore folder

That is the default directory for that. All the burned files will be stored in that folder only for future backup. So that you can access that further. This folder is created at the time when you are installing the DVD Shrink in your computer. If you want to change that then you will have to change the storage directory path for that and this will be stored at that path. You can see for the settings in that and I am sure that there will be some settings to do that.

I would like to tell you that the Windows 7 is having the native support that is used for burning an ISO file and that can be the reason that it is put into the virtual store. There is one more thing that I must tell you that it is not possible that to the recycle bin. If you want to delete them then you will have to delete that permanently. For that just press shift + Del from your computer and this will take that out of the computer permanently. I hope that this will clear your mind in any manner for this.

I agree that you cannot delete the file in "VirtualStore" folder. If you don’t want that the files are getting redirected to the "VirtualStore" folder then you will have to just immobilize the User Account Control and this will not allow any of the files to be redirected to that folder. I know that this will work for you if you don’t want that to be happened because I did the same and now none of my files are getting redirected to that folder. I hope that this will do the same for you as well.

I don’t think that you will be able to disable that because that is the default in case of the software that you are using and that is why that cannot be deleted. If you don’t like that then you can use some other software to do that. There are many of the other available software that are able to make the iso and you can make use of that. Just for that on google and you will surely get the download link for the setup for that. This is the best way that I can tell you at the time.