Thread: Keyboard Freezes Frequently on iMac desktop after installing Snow Leopard

Keyboard Freezes Frequently on iMac desktop after installing Snow Leopard

I have recently installed Snow Leopard and then updated to 10.6.4 on my iMac desktop. Everything was working fine but now it has started giving some problems. At frequent intervals the keyboard stops working. The Bluetooth mouse works fine but the problem persists with keyboard. In fact, this is my second time this has happened. Previously also it stopped but magically it started to work again. But when second time it happened it stopped working. I never faced with this problem on this 3-year old iMac on earlier OS versions. Please help me out.

Re: Keyboard Freezes Frequently on iMac desktop after installing Snow Leopard

If your keyboard freezes then you should first see that if it is a problem of your keyboard or is it as problem of your keyboard itself. If it’s a problem of keyboard then you have to see that the cables of each and every part are properly fixed or not. So you need to check the connections properly. You just have to un-plug and re-plug the connection for keyboard. This can be the reason why your key board freezes frequently. But remember that before you try to remove of any connection, you should turn off the machine totally. It is probable to blow an internal fuse if you do. You can check out with this solution.

Taking forward the previous solution you need to follow other instructions as well. While you try to remove of any connection, you should turn off the machine totally. During this time the other thing you can do is save the applications which are running using the mouse. For instance when you are about to should turn off the machine totally use your mouse to save the applications by pressing the save as option in Menu Bar. This will help you to save all the applications which you need and then you can start with the further process.

Another solution which can be used is to rename the plist as another way to fix this issue. Also other thing which can be done is that we can reboot the PC along with resetting PRAM or PMU. Even this solution can be used to unfreeze the keyboard. Or other thing which can be done is that you can re-install your keyboard. This will help you to as well. And if nothing works among this then I feel that there is something wrong with your keyboard itself. So try out with this few solutions I am sure they will work.

I checked out with the solution and thank you for providing me with these solutions. I checked out with the connections and it worked. I had some issues with the network which I sorted out. I followed the same steps that were mentioned and it worked for me. Now my keyboard doesn’t freeze any more. And I am happy that there was not a problem in the installation of Snow Leopard on my iMac desktop. Once again I appreciate you for your time in providing me with these solutions.