Thread: What does the queuePriorityEnable Registry setting do?

What does the queuePriorityEnable Registry setting do?

Hi guys, I am having a bit of a concerned with the Intel Rapid Storage drivers as I am new with it and I don’t have any hardcore knowledge about it. While getting onto it I found that there was a Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\iaStor\Parameters
    DWORD: "queuePriorityEnable"=0x00000000
    So all I would want to know that what exactly this thing does and that since I am not using the SSD so I would want to know that will any thing happen to my system if I use this on it.

Re: What does the queuePriorityEnable Registry setting do?

What I feel is that this kind of registry key is related to the setup of this application that you would want it to have installed on your system. I think that this a key through which you will have to get the application to function normally. I have also found that there is something that can be made to use with the setting and have found that changing the above will not cause any kind of difference in the working of the applications.

Guys this is the first time that I have been hearing about anything related to the Intel’s Storage and I would want to know more information about it, I have heard the same from a friend of mine and though he has use the same but unfortunately he was also not able to explain me the full effect of this technology. Though I really like to get all the appellations and the software’s in my computer so I have even copied the same in a pen drive and brought it for use, but before I run this file I would want to know the features of it so as to not to get into any sort of trouble afterwards.

Hey friend I have searched some of the information regarding this Intel Rapid Storage and that I have come to know that this is a new technology which uses RAID 1 functionality to replicate data from a selected master drive to a selected recovery drive. That is this kind of technology is only can be used to keep a back up of a data to a recovery drive which can be made to use in times of a major problem with the hard disk. On the contrary there are options that are available that can help you to either copy the data on a continuous basis that is automatically or you cab even do the same on request.

Hey one of the things that has to taken into consideration while using this Rapid Storage technology, is that when you have selected the options to copy the data on a continuous basis then of any of the changes has occurred on the original drive are only copied into the secondary drive only when you have kept both of the drive to sync in advance. So if you have been using this and have not kept the options for the syncing on then you will have to again and again make the changes in the secondary drive which acts as a backup data.

Hey friends I have been using this Rapid Storage technology and have found his thing really very interesting, I really like the request to update feature that this technology has which allows us to restore the original drive by moving the data onto the temporary drive and then again backing up the data to the original drive. This application really has allot of advantage related to how the data can be managed and stored on the system and also more importantly the process for moving the data too and from one drive to another is also very fast.