Thread: An insecure startup item folder is detected during login in MAC OS

An insecure startup item folder is detected during login in MAC OS

I have a MAC Operating System in my PC .But now when I try to login in it I get an error message. This error message says that there is an insecure startup item folder in my PC. Also when I try to start the items present in Startup Item folder they don’t open. I think it won’t start because of some improper security settings. I deleted the folder and restarted the system but don’t seem to work. I didn’t even keep any application open at login. Does any one know a solution for this? Please let me know if anyone knows it.

Re: An insecure startup item folder is detected during login in MAC OS

I had a look at your query and immediately I feel that you should not have deleted the folder that was giving you the trouble. You just can’t delete such folders which give you some trouble. It’s very necessary that such system folders should always be present your PC. And you should never delete such system folders. Now what you have to do is you need to recreate the folder. Once you recreate the folder then you should set the correct permission on it. Once you set a correct permission there won’t be any message saying insecure folder. It will also start all the items that are present in that folder.

The above solution provided is correct but for me it is incomplete and will not give the desired result. We need to add some things in it to completely remove the problem. Now following from the above solution you need to run a ‘Repair Disk Permissions’. You need to go on repairing permission for ‘Mac HD’. Consider that the folder contains path as follows: "Library/Startup Items". Now you need repair the “Library/Startup Items". This will repair your folder. After this if you get a message then ignore them because those will all be harmless and they won’t affect your PC. This will help you in checking out the items in the startup item folder.

I check out your replies and thank you for your prompt replies. I am really happy that you provided me with the solution for my queries. To begin with I started by recreating the folder which I had deleted earlier. Then I continued where in I ran ‘Repair Disk Permissions’. I followed the instruction that were mentioned above. Now there is no problem with insecure startup item folder in my PC. Also I can check out with the items that are present in the folder. Is there any other possibility to get rid of this problem? If you know it please give the solution for it.