Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

bootmgr is compressed presst ctrl+alt+del to restart

Operating Systems

Old 24-02-2011

bootmgr is compressed presst ctrl+alt+del to restart

i can't get to command promt to type in the supposed command to fix the boot. i insert the recovery disk and all that happens is the recovery manager comeing up however i keep reading that at some point you are supposed to be able to get to command prompt and type in a command. i really don't understand. please someone explain. im starting to lose my mind

Old 24-02-2011

Re: bootmgr is compressed presst ctrl+alt+del to restart

If some time you are able to get into the command prompt then i will advise you type following command in command prompt and see whether the problem corrected or not.
Quote:
expand bootmgr temp
attrib bootmgr -s -r -h
del bootmgr
ren temp bootmgr
attrib bootmgr -a +s +r +h
If this is not working for you then i will advise you is to use the Windows Genuine CD to repair the installation of the Windows which might got corrupted and that is why not functioning properly.
Old 17-10-2011

Same Issue W/ Dell Inspiron 1525 ..

Had Vista Upgraded To Win 7 .. Have No System Restore Function .. Tried Windows 7 And Vista Os Install Disks, And Recovery Disks For Both And Its Shows The Same 'cntrl+alt+del To Restart' Screen Everytime..

Some1 Please Help, Just Had My Motherboard Replaced, And Don't Want To Lose This Laptop. Bringing Into Geek Squad Tomorrow.. Plz Lend Any Advice To Help Me Out.
Old 19-10-2011

If system restore does not help you then you can move on to reinstalling the operating system and see if that works.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , ,