Thread: Getting Error 10013 while installing X509Anchors Certificate

Getting Error 10013 while installing X509Anchors Certificate

I am attempting to install two certificates in to X509Anchors keychain. I have also attempt to unlock the keychain and also provided by read/write permissions to the /System/Library/Keychains/X509Anchors. Well I am getting following error message on the screen.’ An error occurred. Unable to import "filename". Error: 100013.’ This particular certificate works awesome on Intel iMac on which OS 10.5.8 is running.

Re: Getting Error 10013 while installing X509Anchors Certificate

Well looking at the situation I am providing following solution which you can use to fix the problem of yours. It consists of the following instruction.
    • You have to launch the Terminal from the system utilities.
    • Now copy paste the following command on the terminal.
    Code:
    cd /System/Library
    now use the following one
    sudo chmod -R 777 Keychains
    Now try to add the certificate and I think you will not get any error message on the screen. Use the following command on the terminal.
    Code:
    sudo chmod 755 Keychains
    sudo chmod 644 Keychains/*

Another thing which I am suggesting over here which you can use to fix the problem of yours. I am hoping that it will help you to fix the problem of yours.
    • You have to launch Keychain Access from the /Applications/Utilities location.
    • Now simply Drag the root certificate from the login keychain.
    • Finally you need to click on Always Tryst.
    • Let me know if you are having any query regarding this particular problem.

Well looking at the requirement of yours I am providing following instruction to fix the problem of yours.
    • You have to get root certificate file and save the same on the desktop of your computer.
    • Now launch the terminal and use the following command on it.
    Code:
    cd ~/Desktop
    Code:
    cp /System/Library/Keychains/SystemRootCertificates.keychain ~/Library/Keychains/
    Code:
    certtool i <certificate file name that you have saved on your Desktop> k=SystemRootCertificates.keychain
    Code:
    sudo cp ~/Library/Keychains/SystemRootCertificate.keychain /System/Library/Keychains/
    • Now you need to enter administrator password if it is prompted.
    • Now you need to launch Keychain Access and go for the certificate in System Roots. Now simply double click on it and click on Trust in order to accept the certificate.

Well looking at the situation I want to ask certain query regarding this problem.First of all let me know how can I find out the correct certificate?Well I have installed communicator on the XP machine which you can export certificates? Also let me know whether it is Microsoft certificate?Which certificate will be needed Snow Leopard? Crytpograhic Message Syntax Standard - PKCS #7? DER encoded binary X.509? Base-64 encoded X.509?

You can use the following command which you can apply to import directly from the System Root keychain.
    • Now copy paste the following command on the terminal once you have launched it.
    Code:
    sudo certtool i /Users/jj/valicert-class3.crt k=/System/Library/Keychains/SystemRootCertificates.keychain
    Well above mentioned command is used to add valicert certificate at the System Roots keychain. Let me know above mentioned suggestion was useful to you or not.