Thread: Kernel Panic at the time of start up after installing OS 10.6.3

Kernel Panic at the time of start up after installing OS 10.6.3

Yesterday night I have installed Snow Leopard on the iMac of mine. Once I have completed with installation process of OS 10.6.3 the computer of mine restarted and I am facing kernel panic at the time of startup. I tried booting with OS disk and done with repaired permissions but still this issue is persisting. I have wiped the hard disk and installed the OS on the computer but there is no difference in the situation. Please let me know if you are having similar problem which I am experiencing then please let me know. Also possible solution to fix the problem of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

re: Kernel Panic at the time of start up after installing OS 10.6.3

I think I know the root cause of the problem which you have posted in the thread of yours. Well this particular problem is usually associated with hard drive of your system in various ways. This thing mainly occurs when the process which is panic was fsck_hfs by the operating system. Using this process operating system is attempting to verify the structure of the directories in the system. So another thing you should verify the directory structure of your hard disk. I recommend that you should verify the structure by using disk utility program and let me know as soon as possible.

I have done following things to fix the problem which was similar to you. Well I have attempt to boot the system of mine in to safe mode with using ‘–X‘ option. Once your computer is booted into safe mode you have to look for sleepenabler.kext and simply remove from the computer of yours. Now you have to search for the sleepenabler.kext with the version of 10.6.3 and copy the same at the place where it was previously stored. So try it above mentioned steps it really worked for me. Wish you good luck.

Well I think I have solved the problem of mine. I have done clean install of the operating system on the computer of mine. I have restored all the files on the computer of mine but l have leaved all the application to restore. Because I was suspecting that this problem is occurring due to one of the application driver. Well I have installed all the application from the Source CD and rest of the application are restored from the Time Machine back up. However using above mentioned steps I think I have got rid from the old driver which was causing the problem on the computer of mine. so look into your system and work around on it.

Well looking at the situation which you have provided I am unable to find out the whether this problem is associated with filesystem or another reason will be kernel extension which is simply not compatible with operating system 10.6.6. Another thing you should try to restart your computer with using single user mode enter following command on the terminal when prompted. ‘fsck –fy’ without using quotes. This will run file system check and fix the problem if there is thing like that is presented. Once it is finished you have to reboot your computer.

I am not sure about it but I think I have found the root cause of the problem. Well according to me root cause of the problem is beta software which is installed on the computer of mine. Due to which there is corruption in /Library/Updates files which was resulting in to panic. So according to me look in your system and see there is any beta version software is installed or not and let me know as early as possible.