Thread: Software Update hangs in Mac

Software Update hangs in Mac

Before a month ago I have newly bought an apple computer from the city store. Actually I am new to apple and using for the first. From the time when I bought my computer it keep on prompting me often for permit required updates of the operating system. When I allow it and permit in support of auto restart, I obtain the update status bar on top of the screen and the computer says its configuring installation. The issue is that the update or may be installation get stuck for hours. So then I lastly carry out a hard-power-reboot to dig up the obsession running over again, however there is no idea whether the update was took or not. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Software Update hangs in Mac

If you have a spyware software (or NetBarrier little snitch), or perhaps you have unintentionally blocked access to the server update Apple. Research Updates are customizable as to their frequency in time. Open "System Preferences / Software Update" and check or uncheck 'Automatically check for updates' and select the frequency of searches (daily, weekly, and monthly)

For an updated Mac OS X, I recommend to always use the Combo update and not the automatic update given by the tool 'Update software'. The advantage is to get at once all temporary updates (Update security) and that might have been missed. The disadvantage is that it is awkward to download. Here is the procedure that I have been applying from the past several months whenever I encountered any problems:
    • Make use of 'Applications / Utilities / Hard Drive' and run repair permissions
    • Download and run the 10.5.6 Combo Update
    • Begin once again the repair permissions
    • Run the update tool software to recover the latest updates.

As is often the solution was actually quite obvious and implemented quickly. After the import is from 10.5.6 failed several times with the same error, the line of approach was clear:
    • Remove drawn Packages (from / Library / Updates /)
    • Download List cleans (i.e. delete from / Library / Updates / index.plist)
    • Fire up Software Update again

The renewed fire up the update mechanism, the package has been redrawn (same file size as before) but this time of properly installed. What irritated me in the Context the fact that I understand that Apple was actually for the updates as well uses a SQLite database - so you can guess at various points’ error and the fact that emerged among the installed programs of any of the previously failed installation attempts.

It is probable that Software Update stop without warning at what time you install software on top of Mac OS X 10.4 (using a network connection except the integrated Ethernet network port, for instance AirPort). Compose the subsequent alter to the network preferences:
    • Go to Apple menu, select System Preferences.
    • There select Network to display preferences.
    • Within the Show dialog menu select Network Port Configurations.
    • Mark the check box to permit the included Ethernet port.
    • Then click on Apply Now button.

Now, Software Update must work very well. If you would like you can leave backside to Network preferences and put out of action the integrated Ethernet port over again. No necessitate to utilize Ethernet to get updates.