Thread: Task Manager is failing to respond in Windows 7 RC

Task Manager is failing to respond in Windows 7 RC

Well having recently upgraded to the windows 7 I have started facing some problem with it. Well the problem is that I cannot open the task manager. Well one day I had to stop a particular service that was running actively in the system, so the only option with me was to kill the service from the task manager itself. So when I tried opening the task manager it failed to open and it also gave me an error message saying that task manager has stopped working completely. It also notified me that the windows have closed this particular program and it will notify me further if it gets any solution. Well that was quite strange. So anyone having any idea why is this happening? Anyone having faced this similar type of problem please do get back with any appropriate solution for me.

Re: Task Manager is failing to respond in Windows 7 RC

Well looking at the problem I would advise you to have a check whether you have the dump file in the system drive. I think for that you must have a check in the registry files. Do have a check whether %systemdrive%\taskmgrdumps this folder exists or not. If it is not existing you will ahev to create a dump folder in your system and accordingly you will have to work on it. Well for creating the dump folder you will have to first create a folder named as dump and then you will have to set the value to %systemdrive%\taskmgrdumps. So do try this it must definitely work out.

Well I think you must probably have a good look at your system. I think you must probably scan the whole system files with a sfc scan. Probably that will solve your problem. So what you will have to do is scan the entire system files the sfc will start scanning all the files and it will automatically fix the files which are corrupted. In case you are thinking on how to sac it with the sfc then you will have to go to the command prompt and start running the command ‘sfc /scannow ‘. It will automatically scan. After having done that you will have to clean boot your system and see how it is working. I am sure it will give you the desired results.

Well according to me you must have a good look at the presence of the viruses and the malwares that may be existing in your system. so for that you will have to first scan your entire system with a good antivirus program that will help you locate the viruses and also the malwares that will definitely help. Once having done that you will have to try running your system in the safe mode. In the safe mode check whether the system is giving the same problem or not. Probably you must try with all these suggestions they will definitely help you.

I think the problem is with the system files that you have in your system. Having a proper check with the sfc scan is the only option I think will perfectly solve your problem. Adding some points here about the problem if it is not getting solved then it would be better to report tour system with a good technician and ask him his views about the problem. Probably that will be much helpful because he will be able to get some idea of the cause of this problem. According to me your problem must get solved with the above methods bust still if there is any problem then you can let me know about it.

Well I have a similar kind of problem. In my case the task manager is getting opened up but only for a short period of time and then it disappears on its own. Well having read all the solutions that is being specified here. I tried with all of them but none of them gave me any desired result for me. So I am searching for some solutions that will help me with this particular problem. I know it is a very strange problem. So I would appreciate if I could get some help from your side. So do help me with your suggestions. I am waiting for them.