Thread: Cannot boot after clear CMOS

Cannot boot after clear CMOS

Hello friends, I was trying to install ATI ALL-IN-WONDER PRO card in my old PII Win98 SE, but I am not able to install the display driver. Therefore I inadvertently distorted CMOS screen PCI toward AGP. The computer will not boot another time, and I encompass no AGP slot lying on my motherboard. Monitor simply showed "no signal." How I can obtain my original CMOS. It is not able to start the drive also. Computer power is fins and also the hard disk power light is on. Is there anyone who can help me with this? Thank you so much in advance.

Re: Cannot boot after clear CMOS

There is one very simple way to do that. You will have to check that if the motherboard is having a "Clear CMOS" jumper. It is having that then you can make use of that. Other than this you can also try by taking the battery from the motherboard out and put that back inside. These are two ways by which you can get out of the issue. So, just try these two things and see if any of them is able to help you or not. If that helps you then please reply back. Thank you.

See if the above post is able to help you or not. If that solves the issue then this is fine but if that does not help you then you can try to disconnect the power supply and then press on button to clear the previous bits in the system then drag the silver battery away and put down it for a bit (I have heard somewhere from 15 secs to 1 hour) and go create lunch otherwise something to provide it a few down time. This is supposed to clear the CMOS and allow it boot back up. I would not be anxious much regarding the booting by means of the clear cmos jumper within the incorrect spot.

Take care that clear cmos jumper is within the correct place. Take out all but one stick of memory as well as the video card for the accessories. You can make an effort to booting up. If it be unsuccessful then put the clear cmos jumper on the way to clear it, take out the battery, take away the power cord and allow it sit over night. Then, on the next morning, take care that you reset the clear cmos jumper toward the correct position, attach power but do not substitute the battery, and perceive that if it boots. If every of this be unsuccessful then to be truthful, I would like to tell you that nearly all boards won't yet power on by means of the cmos jumper put to clear. But I presume that anything is probable.

If you see the manuals then you will get that all the manuals says that you will have to off the PSU otherwise unplugged previous to you clear CMOS but I did that by means of the PSU on plus plugged in (system off) devoid of negative event. In addition to that, if you are patient sufficient then I would like to inform you that the majority of AM2/AM2+/AM3 boards will effort a few sort of revival throughout a failed boot which will essentially create them boot by 200 HTT. You do not require to clear CMOS consistently you be unsuccessful an overclock effort so badly that it would not yet boot. Otherwise, at least you should not require to.

The indications were black screen at set up when trying to influence CPU otherwise memory associated perimeters. I was able to keep the overclock but the board to me was by no means what I measured dependable from that point on. Varying something within the bios could denote I had to create from scratch for the reason that I sometimes would not obtain a post. For example, the majority of MSI boards would not perform a mhz past 250, while a lot of gigabyte boards have been recognized to press on 260/270. I have seen people through a few very sloppy memory timings post elevated north bridge speeds but that is obviously counter productive.