Thread: How to Use Check Disk in windows vista

How to Use Check Disk in windows vista

I am currently working on windows vista environment. I found that there are some corrupt files present inside my pc. I am unable to remove them using antivirus. When I discuss this problem with my engineer friend, he suggests me to use disk check function of your operating system in order to get rid of this problem. But I am not familiar with this term. Up till now I never come across this term. Now I need your help to know more about this term. If possible also try to tell me how I can use it in order to solve my problem. I hope you will never going to disappoint me. Your every single world of information is valuable for me. Thanking in advance.

Re: How to Use Check Disk in windows vista

Many errors especially in windows operating system like corrupted files and all that are solved by using the option called disk check. The corrupted files are not virus they are actually damaged files due to errors present on your hard disk. The tools you are talking about are one of the finest tools provided by windows operating system. This particular tool helps you check existence of these kinds of errors on hard disk and try to fix them. There is no need of any antivirus to fix problems like this.

using Check Disk mechanism is sometime harmful for your machine. On unusual situations I’ve experienced problems using check disk especially on Windows Vista. There are some things on which you have to look for while using this tool. To avoid the problems arises at the time of using this tool at the time when boot screen appears select the option that will help you to start your machine on last good configuration. And remember one thing that is never try to stop the process of stopping disk checking one you start it.

To use the tool called check disk follow the steps given below:-
    Click on start menu and select computer option.
    Simply right click on drive, on which you have to perform disk checking operation and select properties.
    Simply click on tools tab inside the appeared window.
    Select the option called disk checking.
    Click on start button in order to start the process of disk checking.

There are actually two ways to use disk checking tool on your machine. First one is using GUI and second one is using command prompt. Command prompt is also called as dos prompt. Just follow the steps given below in order to performing disk check operation:-
    • Open command prompt by typing the word cmd inside search box option available inside start menu.
    • After that right click on cmd.exe file and select the option called run as administrator.
    • Inside black window type chkdsk and press enter.