Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 15-02-2011

Getting error ?Unable to backup registry key? while installing windows xp sp3

I have an issue while installing windows xp sp3 on my system which is recently running on to the windows xp sp2.After installing XP SP2 on existing windows2000 I tried to install sp3 but the process stops with this error message: Installing Service Pack 3 will not be able to backup the registry key HKCR \ Interface \ the file C: \ WINNT \ $ NtServicePackUninstall $ \ reg02210. 5: Access Denied the options at this point are: ABORT-RETRY-IGNORE but the only way out is the first. Thank you in advance who I will give some indication.
Old 15-02-2011

Re: Getting error ?Unable to backup registry key? while installing windows xp sp3

In this you just try to search the registry key in question and view the permissions with regedit. If not found create without doing any kind of issue. And if you find evidence to put EVERYONE FULL CONTROL permissions on the key. Then retry the installation. Otherwise you just try putting EVERYONE FULL CONTROL on NTServicePackUninstall $ $ and retry the installation I hope I was helpful! And if you get solution then please inform me over here.
Old 15-02-2011

Re: Getting error ?Unable to backup registry key? while installing windows xp sp3

In this there is a little something extra disable the entire antivirus feature, but do these important updates. The second procedure is to go to the folder with windows explorer reported error (C: \ WINNT \ $ NtServicePackUninstall $), enter in the properties of that folder (right-click -> properties), go to "Security" tab, add the user "EVERYONE" and check "FULL CONTROL" at the bottom of the list while the user is selected in the top. I hope that this information will be helpful for you!
Old 15-02-2011

I am also going through the same issue and in that I have tried, except anti-virus (Norton Endpoint) works: the installation proceeds, then I get the warning: ACCESS DENIED, neither explanation nor option but to give OK and here you start the uninstallation of SP3 and back to business as usual. Not having time to try again and again I decide to leave your computer connects to the SP2 update and plan another attempt at a slower way. But nothing works in my case. Please help me on it as soon as it is possible for you guys.
Old 26-02-2011

The solution is the one proposed thoroughly investigating the installation log file dell'sp3 certainly be able to find the file or registry key to which you are denied access and giving proper permissions to be able to complete the installation. I think the problem comes from installing something that has bothered to change the standard permissions.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,