Thread: Unable to install updates in Windows XP Home

Unable to install updates in Windows XP Home

For some days I cannot install some updates to Windows XP Home and precisely KB981793, KB978542, KB981332, KB980182, KB976662, KB971961, KB976380, KB982926. I have Windows XP Home SP3 and a short time ago I downloaded and installed all the updates regularly. Now I regularly do the download, but after trying to install I get the form that says that no update was installed. I tried various solutions found on the Internet, but none worked. Can you help?

Re: Unable to install updates in Windows XP Home

I have one solution related to it and I am sure that it will help you in order to get rid from the issue through which you are recently going. In this you have to restore the Windows Components Update related to it you will get help on to the Microsoft.com there you have to search about thr "How to restore Windows Components Update" To automatically restore the components of Windows Update, click on the link or Fix it. Then click Run in the File Download dialog box and follow the instructions in the wizard. And ys concentrates on that the solution Fix it has two default modes is aggressive. Before running the solution Fix it in aggressive mode, you must run it in default mode and see if this solves the problem with Windows Update. So like that you will fix your issue.

There is one more solution about the same in that you just Proceed with an anti-malware testing.
    • Software to download and run, in succession, each time you restart your computer ...
    • Download and run the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool
    • Download, update and run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Download, update and run also SUPERAntiSpyware .
    • You can scan on-line (in "Safe Mode with Networking", if applicable)

And ya onething I want to tell you here is that the scan may take hours, patiently wait for the scanner to do their jobs.

I did all the steps I have indicated in the previous reply I also ran the Fix it which you have indicated, first in normal mode and then in aggressive mode, always restart my computer. The situation is this that I have left still only 5 updates that are not installed. The first of these is the KB971961 security update for JScript 5.8 for Win XP: Windows Update, after initialization (which is fine), try to install this update, but after a while 'waiting does not even attempt to install other and tells me the usual phrase is not possible to install these updates and there are all the remaining five, namely: KB971961 (for JScript 5.8), KB981332 (security x Win XP), KB976662 (update for Win XP), KB981793 (update for Win XP), KB980182 (Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 x Win XP). I have seen this JScript 5.8 is Internet Explorer 8. Could it be that my installation of IE8 is not perfect? If you any other suggestion so please tell me.

I am also going through the same issue and in that when I started to do then along with the anti-malware scans after three and a half hours is not yet finished the first (Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool (which I did in full mode), but so far it gives me 0 infected files. I doubt if I have some malware or spyware because I've always kept an eye, often making scans. But go on, according to your advice, although I think I'll finish tomorrow or the next! If you have any ideas on what I said earlier about the JScript 5.8, please give me some more details.

Continue with the anti-malware testing. Be patient, even if it takes time. We must be sure that your computer is clean from malicious code. Before installing the updates remember to temporarily disable the antivirus (which antivirus program do you use?) And any other application antispy / malware. If you have a third-party firewall disable it and enable Windows Firewall. Reset Internet Explorer 8: - Internet Options -> Advanced -> Reset ... -> OK. Then try again to install the updates.