Thread: Please do Not Turn Off Your Computer while Configuring Windows

Please do Not Turn Off Your Computer while Configuring Windows

I have new laptop, I have installed windows 7 on my system and I have internet explorer 7, Norton antivirus on my system. From last 2 days I have issue, when I shut down the system the message occurs, saying that “22 windows updates to download please don’t turn off your computer”. I tried to wait until the download but it takes to many times. After that I can’t shut down my system, so therefore I shutdown the computer through power button. Is there any damage to my system? Please help me out.

Re: Please do Not Turn Off Your Computer while Configuring Windows

I had same problem in my system as well. These are steps that I worked in my system. First restart your system and press the F8 key before the windows boots. Now boot your system in safe mode. After these welcome screen will come, if you have a any login then enter the login. Now make sure that you have disabled your antivirus. Select the start button on desktop. Choose the accessories and click to the system restore. Under the system restore click on the next button, click next button in every prompt. Now your systems restore process will start and don’t shut down your computer till the end of restore process. When all these work done switch of your system and restart, enable your Antivirus. At last run your windows updates and you don’t get any problems.

I would like suggest you; there are 22 updates lefted on your system and it will take lot of times to download. The download of files is depending on the speed of internet. I would like to suggest you to restore your system before updating the windows. To do that click on the start button and choose the control panel. Under control panel select the system and maintenance. Under system and maintenance choose the system, on the system select the system protection, now the system protection will open. Under the system protection select the create button. This will resolve your problem and it doesn’t harm your system.

The message appears because you need to update all file. When you switch off your computer it fails to download lefted files, by keeping standby mode it download the files. When you switch off your system you won’t do that just keep a system in standby mode and it will download all files and after some hours you system will works normally, but some time it takes long time to download because your internet speed may be slow or it also depends on the size of the updating file.