Thread: iTunes Music Syncing for (Linux/Ubuntu)

iTunes Music Syncing for (Linux/Ubuntu)

Over years I have been able to obtain my fiancée to happily make use of Ubuntu on my computers. Newly I got that she loves it. My request at the present I want to know that what is the easiest program to sync music along with. Clearly, it wants to be Linux friendly. I have never been a music listener so I do not know the best methods for it. Do you maintain your music file in one folder? And I also want to know that whether you keep this in to the phone or in to the memory card. Do you make use of the stock music player application? I also want some information on the best music organization and I will get her setup and running smoothly so she will never look back to iPods/Windows again!!

Re: iTunes Music Syncing for (Linux/Ubuntu)

After reading the query which you have mentioned over here related to it when I searched a lot then I have find out some information about the same and I am sure that it will help you in getting the things in a better way. Actually I am not completely confident but I think Banshee or Rhythmbox work really well. I do not sync music myself. I mostly prefer to manual drag and drop into my "music" folder. And ya I keep my all song into the external memory. So I am not at all much help in these areas. In fact it works fine along with the ipod in syncing.

As you have mention in your solution that make use of the Rhythmbox and Banshee but related to it I have jusat forgot to tell you that I have already used this. And in this I have find out that Rhythmbox did not appear to like my Droid right out of the box and I did not sense like configuring anything. Banshee worked completely and I have been making use of it ever since. It's great for the reason that it permits you to decide all your sync options from manual, automatic, certain songs, etc. I extremely recommend it!

Ya I agree with you on the topic of Banshee. It really works awesome. I have also used it around one year. And I am really get impressed with it works. I have used this on to my ipod, android and in it the custom playlists are cool to. You are able to set it up to choose all your rock, metal, rap no matter what or mix it all jointly along with percentages, pretty sweet piece of software, plus it's fast. So this is what I want to say here about the same I mean on to the Banshee.