Thread: Windows 7 Jumplists Redirects to System32 folder

Windows 7 Jumplists Redirects to System32 folder

I need quick help from you guys. I am facing an issue in windows 7 at this is really very annoying. In this when I try to open the jumlist either the taskbar or the start menu, clicking any item except for pining items so in this it opens system32 folder. I just want to explain this actually in this for example when I try to modify my status on msn messenger from the taskbar on windows 7, so it only opens the a system32 folder. So if you have any suggestions to share then please help me. One thing important that it is the brand new computer directly straight out of the box.

Re: Windows 7 Jumplists Redirects to System32 folder

Related to this issue I have one solution so you can try this I hope this will going to help you in order to get out from this issue.
    1. In this first you have to download ShellExView v1.41 from net
    2. Then you just Right-click on to the "shexview.zip" file, pick "Extract All", the Extraction Wizard will display this.
    3. So after this you tick next, input "C:\ShellExView" (without the quotation marks) in the "Files will be extracted to this directory" textbox.
    4. Hit it off to the next and click Finish.
    5. And when you do this so after it you have to open the "C:\ShellExView" folder and double-click the "shexview.exe" file. It will examine the registry for every shell extensions.
    6. Pick all the non-Microsoft extensions in by press "Ctrl" in the keyboard.
    7. Tick the "Disable Selected Items" on the toolbar and click yes.
    8. Start your PC again computer and check if the matter is resolved.

I have also one suggestion for you if you want then you can take the benefit of this. Here first let me know that since when you face this matter? And the other thing is that when did you create any software changes to the computer? You just follow the technique which is listed below and check if the issue gets fixed:
    1: I would recommend you to boot your computer in a fresh boot state and make sure if the matter disappears or not.
    2: And when you are booting the computer in clean boot so at that time state assists in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the matter If yes, you might have to contact the program manufacturer for related updates or nothing more ids there you just uninstall and re-install the program. So you just give a try to this I hope it surely works.

There one more way through which you will be able to get solution for this issue. So in this first you have to create a new user account and after this you just check if the matter recurs in the recently created account. If the matter does not carry on in the new user account, it was just indicating you that your old user account is tainted. So for that you have to fix the corrupted user profile. Only that much you have to do in order to get rid from this issue.

I am also going through the same condition. Recently I am using Acer laptop and whatever the solution which is mentioned over here that also does not worked for me. I have tried many solutions which I get from the different forum site but they all are proved to be worthless in my situation. So related to this issue if anybody have proper suggestion hen please help me. In this actually the shortcut ctrl+shift+enter for run as admin is not working. And when I try to press the start menu and trying to run the cmd there's also system32 folder that shows up but no cmd. I don't really know how to solve this.

I think to have the solution. At least if your ACER went with the MyWynlocker suite. You should or uninstall the Shredder software (if you got the option) or, this worked for me, disable the entry using ShellExView.