Thread: Windows XP forgets network password

Windows XP forgets network password

I have a little problem, for quite some time I cannot permanently save the network password, you delete both the username and password. This happens when I reboot the machine, otherwise once reinserted in the "Connect to the machine name" reminds normally. I also tried to save them through the general management of the network password that is in Control Pannel> User Accounts> User xyz> Manage my network passwords, but once reinserted and restarted, same problem. I also tried on the network if this problem was known, and someone had resolved, but I have not found anything relevant. Could you help me?

Re: Windows XP forgets network password

I discovered a great work-around that works even if your PC still will not save the user names & passwords ... The answer is Powerful in the use of "net use" ... Simply made a batch file (*. bat) That maps the network shares, Including Their passwords, Each time my system boots up. I did this by putting the batch file in the Windows "Startup" program group. Here's a sample of what I put in the. Bat file:
    • net use P: \ \ workstation1 \ share1 password / user: sammy
    • net use X: \ \ workstation2 \ Share2 password / user: mary

After doing this, I No Longer need to type the passwords of my to-any network shares ... Simply click on the shares and I can see All That They Have to share. It's just like HAVING Widows remember the user names & passwords. I'm Glad That I do not have to revamp the OS on the problem (PC problems, That is). THANKS everyone for Trying, But this is definitely the way to go, no matter what. Even if the save user names & passwords Particular tool works on your PC. A batch file does it QUICKER WAY ... Especially, if you have to set up many PC's. You can copy the same. Each bat files onto your PC.

You can check the guide on to the “How to manage user names and passwords stored on a computer that is not part of a domain” on the Microsoft.com and I really know that it will help you. Reading a bit 'around, in some cases, this behavior has been detected after installing Yahoo Messenger. If it is not the case, do a clean boot: Configuring Windows XP to run a clean boot. Go to Start> Run> keymgr.dll. Your credentials are there?

In this if you are not, try to manage them CMDKEY (seems to work well in Windows XP) as an alternative to the batch file that I had left earlier. You can then make sure that the credentials have been created: / list: <TargetName>. As additional test also looks at keymgr.dll then restart normally. So you just go for it I am sure that it will help you in order to get rid from this issue.

taizidan Guest

unsure Re: Windows XP forgets network password

Network? Do you lost your Windows XP user password? You can try your best to remember XP account password, such as: your name? a loved one's birthday? something from your childhood? a pet's name? your home or office address?
    Last edited by Kunal; 15-02-2011 at 03:26 PM. Reason: External Linking is not allowed