Thread: Request activation code for Windows xp

Request activation code for Windows xp

I have a PC with licensed Windows XP Media Center. Due to an unknown problem, maybe problem while installation, the operating system calls for the activation of the system when you try to access through the user administrator (visible from safe mode) or by another user. When I choose to activate (click yes) the system gets blocked. So related to this I have read a few blogs, and there is also a procedure for Microsoft but I cannot even access the system from Safe Mode. Can I try a procedure by booting from the Windows XP CD manufacturer HP? I would not reinstall the operating system because I would not miss the My Documents folder because you may have saved a lot of files that would be lost with a new installation.

Re: Request activation code for Windows xp

In this there are two Possible reasons and I think because of that you are getting like this kind of issue.
    • A defective ram
    • Operating system conditions that cannot meet the activation request as there are corrupt system files and / or invalid

One option may be to do a reinstall of the system in place, which is possible only if they have the original CD of the operating system. How to perform an in-place upgrade (reinstallation) of Windows XP for this you will get more information on to the Microsoft website anyway, keep going to a backup of your data. And I am sure it will help you.

I am also facing this problem. And in this I tried to clean the registry but without great results. I did a restore from 2 restore points but I still have the activation request. I saw that I could do the activation online, but unfortunately the system starts only in safe mode without network. Now I'm reading a few posts on wpa_kill.exe. I will let you know the progress.

I unchecked the 'Send an administrative alert' and 'automatically restart' but restarting in normal mode it hangs and I get the message that I have to login the user in normal mode. Before entering you must activate this copy of Windows at Microsoft. Activate Windows now? Leaving the option of sending messages 'msfeedssync.exe so I referred to the memory. The memory could not be "read." Click on OK to terminate the application. - There was an error in Microsoft Feeds Synchronization sorry for the inconvenience "I have another problem: I do not have the recovery cd the HP Pavilion dv6000 notepad but there is a partition recovery. So if you gys have any idea on this then please help me.