Thread: Ubuntu is unable to verify proper file type associations

Ubuntu is unable to verify proper file type associations

I typically records my mails independently by saving them in the .eml set-up.I connect kmail to read the software that makes the best format hold up and do not inquire me to set up an account. The difficulty is that Ubuntu sometimes detect them as "email message" and sometimes as "document“ while all the files have. eml extensions. I am able to work around it by altering the. Eml. I do not know how is this difficulty appear? I do not believe the extension. Eml exists for email? And also one common trouble is that sometime I can’t open the file like .doc or .xls and I really do not acquainted with the reason behind it. So related to this if you guys have any solution then please help me.

Re: Ubuntu is unable to verify proper file type associations

I think the Kmail that you are making use of to read the mails I think that could be one of the reason because of which you are facing this issue. In fact it might have happened that the Kmail is not correct or it must have got tainted and that is why it is originating this kind of issue. And to resolve the same you have to just uninstall the same and then install it once more and I guess if you will install this againso after that it will not give you any kind of any issue.

As you have talk about this that your system can’t read the .doc and .xls files then it is for certain that open office is not been installed correctly. So initially you have to make sure whether you have installed the office on your system correctly or not? And if yes then ensure whether it is functioning correctly or not. And if it is doing well then leave and if you found something suspicious then you have to just install update of this and I am certain that after installing the open office once more it will help your cause.

Related to this I want to know something over here is that like this kind of issue is happening with you it is occurring with some of the file or each and every file? And if this problem is linked with only chosen files that the files are absolutely tainted and that is the cause why they are not doing in a proper way. And if this is the case then you have to remove the files for the reason that they may have an effect on the other files also. And once these affect files are deleted then the open office will work as it was functioning earlier.