Thread: Card reader error "Device can’t start code 10" "WPD file system volume driver" in windows 7

Card reader error "Device can’t start code 10" "WPD file system volume driver" in windows 7

Used to have a Vista system with Windows 7 improves on the top, and the card reader worked without any troubles, do a full installation of Windows 7, the card reader appears 5 times (once for each slot in the card reader ) "Device can not start code 10" "WPD file system volume control." If, for example, put a Memory Stick slot, then pops up in my computer as a usable disk to read and write from.

Re: Card reader error "Device can’t start code 10" "WPD file system volume driver" in windows 7

The external USB card reader which I follow with my camera also has the similar problem. This worked fine with XP and Vista on this machine, the card reader which they used to be on this team has worked very well in XP and Vista and Windows 7, which was installed on top of Vista. I found new drivers for new card reader; do not exist for Windows 7, so there should be no problem here. I seem to have resolved that went into computer management, disk manager and found that there had been no drive letter assigned to the card reader. It is the seed that when the media got in, Windows allocates a drive letter automatically, once the media was removed from the drive letter was removed, this error was causing the error WPD 10, so I manually a drive letter for each slot the card reader all errors are gone.

Re: Card reader error "Device can’t start code 10" "WPD file system volume driver" in windows 7

I suggest that you reinstall the driver for Microsoft Volume WPD file system. Reinstall Microsoft Volume Controller WPD file system manually.

1. Click on Start, right click my Computer and choose Properties.
    2. Depart to Device Manager.
    3. Go to "Microsoft WPD File System Volume Driver", click it and choose "Uninstall."
    4. Later than uninstall, click on "Action- Scan for hardware changes."
    5. Install the device.
    6. Restart the computer and see how it works.

Code 10 error codes are engendered while the Device Manager does not have enough information or the error is bubbled through the device drivers are not identified by Device Manager. As well, this error can occur while one of the drivers you need the device is not started. If lots of drivers are being utilized by a particular device, can be hard to determine which has failed.

1. What message is received after running the solution provided in the post?
    2. Are you using version 32 or 64 bit Windows 7?
    3. Who is the manufacturer of the computer?
    4. Is it a built-in card reader or external one?

I would recommend uninstalling all the entries for the card reader in Device Manager and restarting the PC to load the built in drivers and see if that fixes the problem.
    1. Unlock Device Manager, click on the Start, click on Control Panel, click System and Security
    2. And after that below System, click Device Manager. If you are pressed for an administrator password or proof, enter the password or give confirmation.

If the above step fails, then visit the manufacturer's card reader to download and setup the most recent edition of the card reader and see if that works. Hope this helps!