Thread: Why my secondary hard drive won't recognize by Windows 7 RC1

Why my secondary hard drive won't recognize by Windows 7 RC1

I setup Microsoft Windows 7 RC1 on my system (ASUS P5QL-E, 4 GB of RAM, processor E7300). I started with 2 x 250 HDD, and bought a 1 TB drive that was for sale. Initially, I installed with three connected units, 1 GB of 250 units. All my albums were well known at this time, but I realized I installed Windows 7 on the hard drive was dying, so I did another clean install. Now the two discs (the second 250 GB hard drive and 1 TB) are recognized by my BIOS, but the administration does not see my hard disks of 1 TB. Anyone have any idea what's going on here?

Re: Why my secondary hard drive won't recognize by Windows 7 RC1

I would recommend checking the physical connections and such, perhaps shutting down the system and remove the drive and reconnect the whole thing. If you have another operating system installed yet, you can as well check there and make sure it is fully visible and functioning of that operating system yet. Even if Windows decides for any reason you cannot utilize a piece of hardware that has yet to show in Device Manager. Very early in the process goes wrong do not even display.

I have accurately the similar trouble with my next windows 7 fresh install of build 7100 of 64 bits. I have a T166 Samsung Spin Point 1 TB SATA as secondary disk, which is recognized by the management team as Samsung HD5032LJ, but I cannot run either Disk Management or Explorer. Associated as master and appears as a Master on Channel 0 in the BIOS. The hard disk is a secondary drive and encloses my private photo storage so it is very essential for me to work, but it worked perfectly in Windows XP SP3 32-bits. I installed the chipset drivers on my computer, but that does not help, the Samsung website does not recommend any special drivers for this product and neither does the built in support for windows and it says the drive to work without any problem , anyone suggestions? Could this be a mistake of some sort?

I have the similar problem too. Run Windows 7 RC1 x64 and see my 500 GB Seagate Drive, but no matter what I do it not watch the second hard drive. BIOS I see and I tried multiple drives with no luck. Even the device manager does not recognize the secondary unit that was working fine in the same configuration windows Vista as it is happening in the well-known units that must be a matter of Windows 7.

I had the similar troubles as you and I have mine sorted. So this might work for u. If you go to disk management and you can see the drive, but it is accessible and said that the disk is an alien base is dynamic and not simply right-click the left box and choose import records foreign and choose from there. This should work for you? You can also change the disk to basic education from there too, if the import option does not work, but this will erase all data on it. Good luck...