Thread: safari stopped working in windows vista

safari stopped working in windows vista

I am having a Acer aspire notebook, running with windows vista OS. I basically use my notebook for internet access and for other home entertainment purpose. The notebook is supported with Intel dual core processor, NVIDIA GEForce high definition graphics driver, with this 3GB RAM and 456 GB hard drive. To access internet I basically sue Mozilla Firefox, this works fine, and along with this recently installed Apple safari browser. But the newly installed safari browser is not working properly. When I double click on it to open the browser program, first of all it takes few time to open the window, and right after appear into the screen it hangs, with not responding pop up error message. Every time I need to stop it, till today I am not able to open that one. What should e the cause for this problem? Is there anyone having any suggestion or information about this problem?

Re: safari stopped working in windows vista

According to me I think the problem might be occurring for the browser itself. Either the browser version is not compatible with the OS version that you are using or it is not properly installed. Though I was also had relevant issue with opera browser in my Compaq laptop. I was also not able to run the browse for few weeks. But after getting the problem I searched everywhere for the solution, and some of them are applied there, but nothing works. so for not getting any such solution for this I directly removed that one. And again reinstall this with another earlier version. it running till there is no problem with that. i know this is not a solution for the problem, i just share my relevant experience with this browser.

I would like to suggest you to reload the browser from your machine, for that first of all remove the existing one and along with this also remove other windows collaborating files. Now go for the fresh installation. Make sure that, the browser is installed properly. In some of the cases I found that the problem is occurring for not installed properly. I hope this will somehow help you to overcome from the problem.

I am also facing relevant issue, this happening with the opera browser. Whenever I tried to open that browser it simply hangs for few minute, along with this, if ether is any other program is running in my Dell pc then they are also stopped working. One of the strangest thing with this, is that by this if the internet is connected, then by this it also disconnects. I am think is all of these problem can occur for only the browser or there is anything else? Suggest me some think to resolve this.

I also don’t think so, that the problem that you mentioned in your post is occurring for the browser itself, this can be happening for any other software which is installed in your machine. I recommend you to remove the third party software or the visual effect, if they are applied in your machine. Because sometimes I found for these types of programs, any type of problem may occur. And according to internet disconnects problem this should be occurring for the router or modem that you are using. Make sure that one is working fine and also when the internet is connected the status of the router is perfect.

Ema Guest

Well, I have a Compaq core 2 duo laptop. I also installed safari my laptop. But it’s working fine. I think problem is with safari installer. There some extra files needed. Can you uninstall it again install it from a fresh a copy. I think then it should be fine.