Thread: Dell laptop BIOS password lost

Dell laptop BIOS password lost

I just want to get my BIOS password resetted because I have a dell laptop Pentium 4 and it asks me the password for the BIOS I opened and I could not find the battery to remove it! and now I have more choices! if one can help me! I am very pressed to use the same. but i am not allowed to enter the BIOS please tell me what could be the problem

Re: Dell laptop BIOS password lost

This is to remove the CMOS battery on many laptops, the only way to reset a BIOS password - unless you have an original IBM laptop since helping himself no good, because the password can not be deleted via a BIOS reset is. may need to be replaced as the main board or parts thereof (depending on technical skill). The screw apart a laptop is not as difficult as one would imagine - usually one to replace the CMOS battery "only" take off the keyboard and is attached by means of hidden screws and slide bars. The only thing that should be one, is cautious - with the cable connections. Which are rigid and more sensitive than the desktop.

I had a similar problem on an Acer 3550 laptop. After an update to my BIOS I asked for a password to every faith that I wanted to access a BIOS setup! Drama it stay like that for 2 years after some research i found that it has nothing to do. Until the day I removed my laptop I put a paper clip that connects the + and - battery (Circuit created a course), Removed the battery and power supply and support for many 30 sec on the button ignition.

There is only one way to remove the password "bios". first you must know that password is stored in memory called cmos. It contains course other information (materials, the date, etc.) this memory is powered by battery, battery. It is sufficient to detect or is that battery, disconnect the (welding connector or) and then short-circuit terminal or both were connected to the battery and it for about ten seconds. Then again on the battery not wrong on the poles. The password missing, but also the date time etc. F2 do for a laptop or "led" for a PC to update the bios.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob.d View Post
    There is only one way to remove the password "bios". first you must know that password is stored in memory called cmos. It contains course other information (materials, the date, etc.) this memory is powered by battery, battery. It is sufficient to detect or is that battery, disconnect the (welding connector or) and then short-circuit terminal or both were connected to the battery and it for about ten seconds. Then again on the battery not wrong on the poles. The password missing, but also the date time etc. F2 do for a laptop or "led" for a PC to update the bios.
    WRONG!

Post service tag no. for free bios password...

List the service tag number from the error message then its easy ...

Hi, does anyone know how to reset the BIOS password for a Dell Inspiron 1520 laptop?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Galford View Post
    Hi, does anyone know how to reset the BIOS password for a Dell Inspiron 1520 laptop?

Thanks in advance!
    It is a very simple procedure to do what you have to do is remove the CMOS battery now what it will do is that remove all the passowrds that are stored in your laptop. Otherwise you can take some help of the generic BIOS password as well.

Check out some of the links that should prove useful to you

need reset bios password to dell inspiron 1545

How to reset BIOS password in Inspiron 1545

hi my service code is 6700qd1-5958 dell vostro 1400 any help would be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by kntrdr3001 View Post
    hi my service code is 6700qd1-5958 dell vostro 1400 any help would be appreciated
    Usually, Dell laptops have factory locked BIOS for each of their machines that have some kind of service code that you have mentioned and all the password to unlock those are kept with the Dell Tech support only. So the best way to get the BIOS password is to call Dell support and ask them for the BIOS password to unlock the BIOS.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600