Thread: No sound in Quicktime with windows 7

No sound in Quicktime with windows 7

Recently installed Quicktime media player, after upgrade my Compaq Presario notebook from windows vista to 7. But suddenly from this morning it stooped responding with the sound. There is no sound output while I play any video or audio in this media player I am suing Realtak audio interface, this is an update version. I am a student and not having such information regarding this type of problem. What should I do now to resolve this?

Re: No sound in Quicktime with windows 7

Did you try to play the file in any other player? Go for this, if there is the same thing is happening then I recommend you to reload the player, first of all remove the earliest one and the also remove the windows version compatibility file from registry editor and the temporary folder of the operating system . now go for the fresh reinstallation process. Also like to suggest you to apply the desire codec file according to the player version which you are using, be sure that the codec file should be compatible with the operating system version and system architecture.

The problem might be occurring for the sound driver, that you are using. For that I suggest you to download the latest version from the manufacturer web site. Be sure that the driver application is compatible with the windows version and with the hardware specification. Now run the installation process and replace it with the existing one and reboot your machine after completion of the process. Try with this, I hope if there is nay issue with the sound driver then by this that will be surely solved.

In my Dell latitude laptop I ma also facing similar issue, but in my machine the player is a different one, it is VLC media player running with windows 7. Whenever I tried to play any audio file, I did not get any sound from my machine, I thought that the problem is for hardware and I simply go for the hardware service engineer. But they did not found any problem from my machine. After that they suggest me to download the windows versions compatibility player application from the developer site, so I also recommend you to if the player that you are using is not support with the operating system, then download the windows version compatible version and re place with the earlier player version. try with this.