Thread: IE on Windows 7 not saving downloaded files

IE on Windows 7 not saving downloaded files

I have three troubles which unexpectedly started that appear related:
    1. Windows live mail is not saving attachments, it is working well. But when I right click on the attachment and select save, I do not get any error message but the attachments are not saved.
    2. Internet Explorer 8 likewise will not save the downloaded files. Once more, it was functioning well. At the same time that Windows Live Mail stopped up saving attachments, Internet Explorer 8 stopped saving downloaded files.
    3. QuickBooks has similar types of set in browsing ability. Looks similar to it is an embedded Internet Explorer control. It as well cannot download files
    I am using windows 7 and internet explorer 8. Thank you for your suggestion.

Re: IE on Windows 7 not saving downloaded files

You will need to unmark the option "do not save encrypted pages to disk" within internet explorer options->advanced. On the other hand stop Adobe Reader displaying the credentials in the browser window (as well as disable the browser mixing in Adobe Reader). After that you should be able on the way to save the downloaded files. If that does not assist please provide some more information.

If there was an antivirus program running or installed, it is likely that the anti-virus that is causing the trouble during installation (even though currently disabled). As a troubleshooting measure, attempt to uninstall the antivirus software totally, and after that see if the trouble is still present. Note: A lot of anti-virus programs are not completely uninstalls using the capability of the control panel to remove programs. To make sure that anti-virus software is totally uninstalled visit the manufacturer's website furthermore search for an uninstall tool. (Or make use of a search engine, however make sure the download is the leading software provider's website)

Also you can attempt making use of the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter. This be able to be done by following below instruction:
    • Go to Start menu
    • In the start search box Type Troubleshooting and press enter.
    • After that Click on View all.
    • Now select Internet Explorer Performance and click next
    • Follow directions of Troubleshooter

Hope that assists, look forward to hearing reverse from you.

My computer does the similar in all browsers: Internet Explorer 8, Fire Fox, and Google Chrome. It does this for each file I save, even at what time opening a PDF file in Adobe Reader plug-in, at what time I click "save" the file is not saved. In the case of a pdf generally it takes the time, but no downloads. My machine is a Dell M6300 X9000 64-bit Windows 7 and IE8 to 64 bits. I've never had this problem in XP. I can run Norton, but it happened before installing Norton, and even with it disabled the problem persists. I doubt that it is virus related, I think there is a problem in Windows 7. It worked fine for a short period after the update but now I cannot find the problem. Maybe the security settings in Windows, that was a problem.