Thread: Need suggestion on changing the Menubar of Mac OS X Lion

Need suggestion on changing the Menubar of Mac OS X Lion

I need a suggestion from every one for Mac OS X Lion: since the team is trying to put together the menubar into the desktop a bit more, to compose it less prominent - the semi-transparent menubar was an effort at just this - why not go all the way and make it black? This way, it’ll combine into the bezel of the majority of the new Macs. Black menus are by now all over iLife ’11, and it will be another stride toward joining and merging the appearance of iOS and Mac OS, please post back your valuable suggestions on this .

Re: Need suggestion on changing the Menubar of Mac OS X Lion

It was being commented on the same topic that , although , this modification will break a lot of Mac applications if they fail to update to support it. Apple’s no alien to that, though.Why would making it or modifying it to the black color break applications? Applications must not be relying on the color of the menu bar for anything. This makes no logic to me at all. Apple has already modify the menu bar between white and transparent and I do not remember any application getting broken down over it.

If you are asking my suggestion on it I am not pretty certain if I prefer a black menu bar. I reckon it appears a little to 'Hackintosh' if you aware what I actually mean to say . I for myself like to keep things professional on my operating system, so I go for sparkling and slick. One feature I would certainly like for Apple to do is get rid of the semi transparent appearance on the menu bar, and make it appear better. The choice doesnot actually look good when you tile a image or something along those lines. That's somewhat I would be happy with.

I think the black menubar (along with black dock) to be very smooth and professional appearance. I just had to reinstall the OS, and I in fact did not concern for the white (semi-transparent) menubar amid that time and when I got back my black bar. Nothing alongside it, but I discover that the dark color just makes it get out of the approach better, visually. It does not attract any more as it used to do in previous instances .

Well if you ask my opinion I do not actually prefer these dark feature . In some instances they appear great but handling on a day to day basis is affected by ambient light. I do not like using a dark theme on my computer because of the this reason . On my smart phone its a lot better.I don not witness apple going over to the dark side (pun intended) because it could meddle with people's capability to work. They' will go with the lowest common denominator.