Thread: Meego: No ext4 file system support

Meego: No ext4 file system support

Hello friends we all have done so much talking about this Meego operating system from the day it has released , I know that there is certainly allot of advantages in making use of the Meego Operating system , but have any one came to know that this operating system still does not contains the ext4 file extension support which is to extend storage capability and at the same time add more performance improvements. So I would want to know that when will this thing get implemented in the Meego operating system, or if any one knows how to make it possible so please free to post the solution.

Re: Meego: No ext4 file system support

Currently the Meego operating system uses the ext 3 file extension because the ext 4 file format cause allot of issues about the stability of the system. The ext4 although a very good file system to have since it boosts the performance of the system and at the same time help us to develop more and more of the available space so I think that making this possible cause allot of problems in the stability and that it will surely require a high end hardware to make itself run smoothly.

Friends, I think that the most we can do is that we can tell the Meego authorities to come up with the ext4 file system in the Meego operating system along with the ext 3, just like how windows contains both the FAT32 as well as the NTFS and that we can have a choice so as to install which ever file system that we want. Thus we can try installing the file system that is the ext4 on our system and if we find that this file system is more compatible and is running smoothly then we can make use of it till the new version comes up. So folks what do you say about this.

I also don’t have any kind of problem if Meego implements the newer version of the file system in the Meego operating system, but I think that since they haven’t started the procedure to implement the file system so I think that it will generally take some time before we can put our hand s on it. Although this kind of file system is already in use with most of the linux distros that is the ubuntu,red hat and to some extent Fedora so, if you really want to make use of the ext4 file system so I would suggest you to go for the linux distros that I have mentioned to you for the time being.

If Meego can implement the ext2 and ext3 file system then why can’t they implement the ext4 file system as well, according to my knowledge I have heard that the ext4 file system is backward compatible that is we can even accumulate the ext3 and ext2 using the ext4 file system as well. The newest of the version will be used by the ext4 file system is the allocation algorithm which automatically allocates block of memory for a particular process. So looking at this I am sure that its about time that we will get the ext4 file system on our meego operating system as well.