Thread: I cannot file “Confirm open after Download" checkbox for file types in Windows 7

I cannot file “Confirm open after Download" checkbox for file types in Windows 7

I am making an effort to download details that are in CSV format. While I go to the report in Internet Explorer, but it opens in Microsoft Excel. There I got a prompt to save or open the file. How can I force that prompt to return for CSV files. In previous edition of windows you could go to folder options and then File Types as well as press the advanced key and locate a choice to verify open after download. I am not able to locate this in Windows 7.so please help me.

Re: I cannot file “Confirm open after Download" checkbox for file types in Windows 7

You will have to confirm if the csv files are set to open through Microsoft Excel from the Folder selections. To check this you have to go to My Computer and then Tools and then Folder Options after that file Types and after that Advanced. After doing all this things you have to verify the following. In CSV, "Confirm open after download" is checked. As well confirm browse in similar window is unchecked. In XLS, "Confirm open after download" is checked as well as browse in similar window is unchecked.

Re: I cannot file “Confirm open after Download" checkbox for file types in Windows 7

Windows 7 does not have the "File Types" in Folder Options any longer so editing filetypes as well as marking the "Confirm open after downloaded" selection in Windows 7 is not possible for the reason that it does not exist. People as well do not know that this is NOT a issue of filetype association. Filetype association is OK. The issue is that while you press on a file in Internet Explorer, the file is automatically downloaded as well as opened in a program with no the download window opening as well as explaining you options. What we would like is to have a window open while we press on a link. That window is supposed to have these choices: "Open”, "Save”, "Cancel" as well as a choice to "Always ask before opening this type of file".

That aspect has been taken out from Windows 7. By design you set links through the Control Panel Default Programs choices or by utilizing the assoc as well as ftype commands in a cmd window or have your programs perform it for you. For example. I would not suppose resetting Internet Explorer to do anything regarding a file type registered with Microsoft Excel. Perhaps there is a related reset function in Microsoft Excel? More nearly you could attempt NirSoft's FileTypesMan utility.

To reset Internet Explorer settings close the entire windows of Internet Explorer or Windows Explorer are open. Go to Internet Explorer, press the Start key and after that press Internet Explorer. Press the Tools key, and then press Internet Options. Press the Advanced tab plus then Reset. In the dialog box Reset Internet Explorer settings, press Reset. While Internet Explorer finishes restoring the settings, press Close, press OK, and after that press OK again. Close Internet Explorer. Your modification take effect the next time you open Internet Explorer.