Thread: Any hope to speed up Wii emulator in Parallels?

Any hope to speed up Wii emulator in Parallels?

I use dolphins emulator to play wii games on my Mac but it is too slow. I'm running Windows 7 on Parallels. Is there any way to speed it up? I have a very slow machine which is under the limit for a recommend machine. Any help on this stuff? My brother bought a Wii for himself which hes uses to play the games on it on out TV and so i have to use the computer to play my wii games. Well but its too slow to be able to play it properly. Cant play it this slow, it often lags for a second...

Re: Any hope to speed up Wii emulator in Parallels?

What is your Mac's configuration? There is nothing much you can do about it cause as you mentioned your mac is too slow. Emulators are generally slow. You are running windows in an emulator that is parallels, and in the emulated windows you are running another emulator which is playing your games. Its better to switch to some better emulator which runs on Mac itself. Else you cannot do anything more for this.

Better try bootcamp and install windows 7. Then use the dolphin emulator to play your wii games. This will remove one emulator and you will have enough memory for dolphin to run with enough performance. In your current setup you are using and emulator inside another emulator. Which is i feel the main problem. Also your mac being of the old times as you mentioned might also be the problem. If you are planning to upgrade then your purpose will be served already... Hope this helps...

Best option, upgrade your mac, or better but the latest one out there. Also dont use an emulator inside another. Using emulator > emulator runs slow then the original machine > inside it another emulator > More slowness > game inside it > More slower then ever. Better avoid this and use the wii when your brother isn't using it. So far the most fastest way. Or, Use bootcamp and install windows, atleast one emulator loop will be removed. All the possible solutions already given, so nothing more to suggest.