Thread: Crash of the installer and bugs during the live session

Crash of the installer and bugs during the live session

I downloaded the iso LM9 KDE a few days ago; I checked the md5sum and then booted it. All is well I get to the office of the mint, except that some problems come after ten minutes I'm left with the screen freezes or the keyboard and the mouse shuts off both at the same time, I tried other keyboards but this is the same, I think the problem is my ATI card because I'm away from my first Linux install and apparently according to other forums the problem is there . Accuracy with little gnome version is exactly the same. The major problem is not from here, however, I wanted to start the install from the desktop (and hope they could resolve problems with freezing later) but I have some bug reports (cd or hard drive fails ) coming in and the installer crashed at the final installation. I do not know if I was clear enough, but if someone has an idea?

Re: Crash of the installer and bugs during the live session

After reading this I want to say that it is possible that there have a problem with ATI and may be by installing the proprietary ATI driver. So that settles which console should be able to settle into recovery mode (grub = debug mode) also tries to disconnect your CD ROM drive if it is IDE for a test for the reason that I saw somewhere that ubuntu users had a similar problem. If the same error messages (failed hard disk drive) appear you can certainly plug it. What is your mouse and keyboards are they in the usb form? Have you tried the special boot modes?

First my keyboard and my mouse are USB, but I tried with a USB keyboard and it's not the same, the mouse I could not test in non-USB but since the 2 intersect at the same time I do not think the problem comes from there. For the cd rom I think not that it's because I boot on a USB and SD I've done memory tests before installation and everything looks "ok" and I am on XP so I do not worry. After I know this may not be part of the unallocated DD bug? And finally I do not have access to the grub since I cannot install, my only access will be from live or in the boot menu of the installation, "default, start Linux mint, mint linux home compatibility fashion". Thank you for your answer anyway, and if you have suggestions manip level tries to detail a maximum. I am not my first install, but since they are all in check for now I'm still a beginner.

I am also getting issue and in this I am getting 2 problems the first is that the office often disconnects and is relaunching itself with KDE crashes from time to time. And the second is that when I run the install Linux on the desktop I have the window opens but it closes by itself, I even have time to go to Step 2 and this several times. The good thing is that between all this troubles I managed to format the unallocated portion. I remember how I struggled with linux for several weeks with several distributions, Mandriva Free, ubuntu, kubuntu. Is there already a solution to resolve the crashes of the office that I can at least try to install?