Thread: Unable to install Linux Mint and Ubuntu

Unable to install Linux Mint and Ubuntu

I used Ubuntu and Linux Mint from over a year. and now I wanted to install Linux Mint 10 and here's what I get before the start of the dvd / usb. I get the same result with Ubuntu 10.10. Yet I've never had a problem with earlier versions. The media is not defective: I installed Linux Mint 10 on another computer without problem. I'm using a Packard Bell Easy Note MH36. So if you guys have any suggestion then please help me.

Re: Unable to install Linux Mint and Ubuntu

When you are getting this issue before or after selecting the "type" mode, that is to say, start Linux Mint Linux Mint start in compatibility mode, etc ? Have you tried with a choice: Start Linux Mint in compatibility mode? If not a little trick:
    1. Edit directly on line or Start Linux Mint in compatibility mode, starting the live-cd/dvd.
    2. This line includes a set of commands in which you have the "phrase" next "boot = casper Modify it by adding the option: only-ubiquity. So: boot = casper only-ubiquity
    3. Start the edited line.

I think the problem is due to the animation that starts after system startup, just after typing the option on the menu. This is where it freezes. Moreover, as I had no worries in 10.04 and ubuntu Linux Mint 9, I have linux mint ubuntu 10 and 10.10. More when I installed ubuntu 10.04, I saw the movie after startup, after online migration on Ubuntu 10.10 I do not see there. Question: can you boot into the animation is from?

Thank you for all your advice. So I successfully installed on this PC LM10 but new problem: the wifi is no longer recognized on the damn computer! No network available is displayed. By cons it works miraculously on the netbook. So I dropped Linux on the main computer (sniff) because it is imperative that everything works. All I get that the wifi was available on kernel version 2.6.35, ie, it functioned until but not after2.6.32. So what to do in order to get rid from this issue.

Regarding this I want to suggest you that you do not disable wi-fi mechanically by moving the knob / slider plastic somewhere on your computer (if it's a laptop)? And the second thing is that, is that the network applet is launched? To be sure, type "nm-applet" in a terminal. Finally, the file ". inf" you tried to use with ndiswrapper is the latest found on the website builder? have you tried to take one of your Windows installation CD (if available)? And the last thing which I want to know that does the wi-fi running LiveCD?