Thread: Macbook Air takes 20 seconds to reconnect to WiFi after wake up?

Macbook Air takes 20 seconds to reconnect to WiFi after wake up?

I have a 11.6" and i have got some trouble with it. I think the first day I had reconnected to the WiFi immediately after waking from sleep. I know that now is not so. Every time I open my air it will show "connected" icon in the menu bar, but the Internet will not work. Then after a few seconds the WiFi connection will drop and start to reconnect. This process can take up to 20 seconds. Does anyone else have this problem, and perhaps a solution?

re: Macbook Air takes 20 seconds to reconnect to WiFi after wake up?

I can rule out a problem with my network because it worked fine on my old Macbook, and the network remains unchanged. I have also tried on several different networks, and I have the same results in all cases. It's annoying, especially since my old Macbook was actually awake Internet-ready faster than air. From what i feel is that the problem is not about the speed your Macbook Air to reconnect to the Internet connection. Instead, it is seems to be an issue that many Macbook Air owners have been complaining about lately. If an MacBook Air is closed and is allowed to enter into enough deep sleep, a period of between 5 and 15 seconds is required to awaken.

When I missed, my airport icon indicates the maximum intensity of the signal when first opening the MBA, but the net conenction is actually still asleep, as indicated by the keyboard and trackpad not responding. After the keyboard and trackpad, a more sensitive, the Airport icon goes blank for a moment and then, finally, to restore their connection to my network. To prove the point attempt to put to MBA to sleep leaving the AC charger adapter plugged That prevents you from entering sleep mode. And see your MBA will awaken instantly.

I tried your suggestion and kept the AC adapter connect and on with my mac book air, still it shows the same kind of problem. Even if i let my macbook air to enter sleep for sometime and the wake it up again, still the problem remains. I also feel that some plugin on my system of some software is slowing my macbook air to some extent. Usually, when I wake my macbook from sleep when i plug the power adapter into the AC mains, the screen wakes almost instantly. It usually takes 5-10 seconds for the wifi to connect to access the internet it takes ages. But then the macbook air comes to wake state almost instantly. Does it has anything to to do with my version of mac os? I have 10.6 snow leopard with combo updates version 6. My other macbook is also facing a similar problem.Often it happens that it even connects to some other wireless network which are running around in some neighboring places. This is a very strange phenomenon. Why? Because how can my macbook connect to some network without password, when i have never ever connected my macbook to those network in the past?