Thread: AutoCad for Mac on new Macbook Air?

AutoCad for Mac on new Macbook Air?

I'm looking to upgrade my Macbook Air rev.A to the new version. How to run Mac AutoCad in the new macbook air? Its and macbook air, so i know not to expect much from it but still is it worth upgrading? My rev.A doesn't allow to install AutoCad and would like to go with dual boot system Windows to run AutoCAD and some other applications. Also then it would consume my disk space. Any help on it?

Re: AutoCad for Mac on new Macbook Air?

I'm ready to buy my first macbook air which is an 11" MacBook Air, but I have some doubts I would like to discuss with you. MacBook Air will be my second machine on the network, I already have my little notebook which I have a desktop PC a powerful one, but sometimes I have to use programs such as Autocad, Solidworks in parallel with 11" airbook for adMatlab that would only be for light work. What do you think, will my purpose be solved well? Have you ever tried to use programs like Solidworks or similar with parallels?

I feel that the 11 would be a bit slow for the software you guys want to use. I'm going to the Apple store for effective weight and dimensions of 13". If it fits in my backpack I will buy. Sorry, I had not opened a new topic because in the first post Amasia also talking about Solidworks. I thought it best to open two very similar, I did not know that as of this forum. The next time I will open my new issue. I read that are 13" air with higher CPU; How about the differences between the 13" and 11", in terms of CPU and other important stuffs?

I have not tried AutoCAD in 1.86Ghz processor, but I do not think it would be a problem. The biggest difference will be the amount of RAM, processor speed, followed by the amount of disk space. In addition, since AutoCAD is now native to Mac, I'm sure it's more efficient, and would not have to run AutoCAD on top of Windows on top of Snow Leopard, and I'm doing. I'm deciding between 13/1.86/4GB RAM/128 SSD, and SSD 13/2.13/4 GB/256. Like Lawrence, I was wondering if the processor would blow a huge impact on the performance of AutoCAD (or overall performance.) I think my performance reva actions is limited by the slow hard drive, so I can not say whether the processor speed is something I really need. I use the word mostly open, illustrator, Skype and AutoCAD. not too intense, but I do not like computers replaced within 2 years, so I am inclined to max out the specifications for durability. Also, the whole thing about the backlit keyboard. How much do you lose that ability? I'm so used to having it now, but I think you should be able to treat.