Thread: Computer Won't boot from Windows 7 and shows event error StartupRepairOffline

Computer Won't boot from Windows 7 and shows event error StartupRepairOffline

Last night my computer just haphazardly rejected on the way to boot into windows. When I first trying to boot from windows it showing me that the ntoskrnl.exe has been corrupted. So I tried to fix it nearly one hour but nothing worked at all. After I restart the computer once again. Now it is showing me that the problem with the event called StartupRepairOffline. I don’t know what it means. Along with this I got long list of errors. What would be this?

Re: Computer Won't boot from Windows 7 and shows event error StartupRepairOffline

Now it seems to me that you can’t even boot into Safe Mode of Windows. I have also got the similar problem. First of all it was showing me that some file has been corrupted but after several results it again started showing the long list of error message with the same event name. However I ended up with the fresh install of Windows. I think that you also have to do the same in order to get rid of from this event failure.

Re: Computer Won't boot from Windows 7 and shows event error StartupRepairOffline

The even problem shows that some of the files regarding the Windows might be deleted or misplaced either by the virus or by some other reason without your concern. You might need to get the original Windows CD or DVD and carry out the repair option from that. For this you need to move toward the command prompt from the error message. There run the chkdsk /f /r to verify your hard disk drive. You need to refer the appropriate partition in your computer.

I have also gone through the similar issue like you are having one. For this what I did is get the original Windows bootable CD and put it in my disk drive. Then I move toward the command prompt window without booting into windows. There I type the chkdsk C: /r /f and sfc /SCANNOW /OFFBOOTDIR=C:\ /OFFWINDIR=C:\windows. I hope that you have installed the Windows in C drive. If you have installed it in some other drive then you can replace the C with your partition.

In order to solve this problem, you need to go through the following options and they are as follow:
    • The first step is making a System Restore by the use of WinRE. If it didn’t helped you then continue with the further process.
    • You might need to restore core files; this may perhaps require re-registering the srcore.dll. on the other hand, remember that you will not be capable re-register srrstr.dll,
    • srclient.dll and rstrui.exe, like it will generate an error message. So that will become another issue for you.