Thread: Mac Pro gaming in BootCamp and Windows 7 64 bit

Mac Pro gaming in BootCamp and Windows 7 64 bit

I have ordered a novel Mac Pro- custom constructed.

3.2 GHz Intel Xeon Nehalem
    6 GB ram
    1 TB hard disk drive
    27" LED display.

The screen has previously arrived. The remaining is on its way.

I am going to utilize the Mac side of it for effort (photo editing and additional serious graphics effort with Adobe CS5 Master Compilation). I mean to utilize a completely functional older 300 GB 7200rpm HDD for Windows 7 64 bit and games, in exacting, Flight Simulator X, with a few extremely grave responsibility / advanced add-ons (therefore, no attention in X-Plane):

1. Concorde X
    2. PMDG MD-11/MD-11F
    3. Genuine Environment Extreme Overdrive
    4. Active Sky improved

I have utilized BootCamp and Windows XP on one more PC (iMac 27") in a place of work and appeared to have troubles with it overheating. I wanted to have SMCFanControl to speed up the fans and stop the "red boxes" crossways the screen. Will I probable have the similar troubles in Windows 7 64 on Mac Pro utilizing BootCamp? I know the presentation will be extremely quick - just wanting the dependability too.

Re: Mac Pro gaming in BootCamp and Windows 7 64 bit

An iMac is extremely firmly packed and thus will heat up much quicker. Don't worry regarding this with a Mac Pro. Even while playing starcraft2 on especially settings when ripping a DVD of my compilation or during hour extended Cinema 4D renders where all cores are mixed out my Mac Pro does not heat up over about 60° Celsius. For the period of normal graphic design effort it even stays under 50°.

I have been utilizing iMacs a little bit now for serious video effort plus gaming and it is factual, they just are not constructing for high-heat lasting utilize. Sad but factual. So subsequent time round (not the instant future but finally) I am going to provide in and fork out for a Mac Pro-style machine similar as you. I wish to be able to utilize the hardware to effort with no having to pressure the entire time.

Surely will while it appears and I get it up and running. The symptom of the iMac 27" overheating is which in windows, the fans don't pace up rapidly sufficient to control the overheating, thus the CPU temps contrive to 90 C- way too burning. I tested it with a figure of them (all the same specs) and one time SMCFanControl was executed, running at the elevated fan pace, the "red boxes" on the screen and imprisons vanished. The funniest thing was that this takes place even in common exercise and not only in deep duty utilizes for example Premiere Pro CS4 (that we were as well utilizing a lot at the time). I suggested that I should have got Mac Pro, but no one snooped, sure sufficient, they realized later than it was tardily. That's fraction of the cause I went for Mac Pro at home. Did not faith the iMac 27".

Well, you will be well if you utilize SMCFanControl - but it means you must boot into Mac OS X, let the SMCFanControl perform its thing, after that start over the machine, restrain alternative and after that go into Windows. I do that each day at job. It is time overwhelming and maddening. I can't utilize Mac OS X because email on Entourage is completely not possible- it not at all efforts for me, and inferior- CS4 Premiere video editing does not effort on Mac for us, it collides each time. I at a standstill have to wait for the IT people to squash CS5. I have it at home earlier than I get it at job. CS5 efforts well with no troubles in Mac.