Thread: Boot loader won't recognize Windows and I cannot even run recovery console

Boot loader won't recognize Windows and I cannot even run recovery console

I have a dual boot system with Windows 7 and Ubuntu installed. Some day ago, i was working in windows and suddenly there was power cut and my machine went off. Now i had lot of corrupt data on my disk. So i repartitioned the disk formatted it. Now my Boot loader won't recognize Windows and I cannot even run recovery console. I tried this a number of times, but i cannot get through. Any advice?

Re: Boot loader won't recognize Windows and I cannot even run recovery console

Insert the Windows 7 installation disc or bootable USB flash drive if you have one. You can also use system repair disc. Reboot your computer, boot from the CD / USB and follow the below process :

Code:
    Click on Install Windows
    Click on System Recovery Options
    Click Next
    Click Repair Your Computer
    Click on Startup Repair
    Then after the repair process is over, reboot the computer, your windows should start working.

From which Operating System did you change the partitions? Windows 7 or Ubuntu Linux? The solution might depend on this question too. If you have changed the partition from Windows 7, then the question of deleting and recreating your windows partition is ruled out. While if you were on ubuntu, and used GParted, there are chances that you have accidentally recreated the widnows 7 partition. If this is the case then your windows partition is lost and you need to install windows all over again.

Check if you have deleted the windows partition or not by navigating to the partition. If you find your windows folders like Windows, Users, etc intact that means the windows partition is safe, but then there should not be any issues for booting into windows 7. Check which partition have you deleted? See if there is the 100mb windows system partition or not. There are chances that you deleted this partition and hence windows is not recognized by the windows recovery console. Check and verify if this is the case or not. Althought this issue should be solved by repairing the startup. But then again you will have to install grub so that grub bootloader can take over windows boot loader and you can boot into windows and ubuntu as well...