Thread: Error message “An add-on for this website failed to run” while installing flash player in windows 7

Error message “An add-on for this website failed to run” while installing flash player in windows 7

Hey I have HP laptop in which I am working on windows 7 operating system. I got this error message "An add-on for this website failed to run. Confirm the security settings in Internet options for potential conflicts." at what time I am installing flash player. I attempted to go to Tools and then internet security and after that all ActiveX settings. But still the same problem. Please help me what I have to do. Anyone assist for this problem?

Re: Error message “An add-on for this website failed to run” while installing flash player in windows 7

You have to attempt installing flash with important rights. To perform this you have to right-press the installer as well as select "Run as administrator". Please remember as we will be utilizing it all through this procedure. If that does not assist let us attempt this, before attempting something invasive, attempt uninstalling as well as after that reinstalling flash.

Re: Error message “An add-on for this website failed to run” while installing flash player in windows 7

Many public will effort to uninstall Flash by just deleting the whole thing in the folder, leaving registry settings as well as shared files intact plus resulting in an extremely messed up Flash installation. The merely good way to take out Flash is to totally take out it through the Adobe uninstall tool. This tool is the merely way to totally take out Macromedia Flash from your system. Select the version that is suitable for your operating system, downloads, as well as after that run the program.

If that does not assist you may need to attempt SFC. To utilize System File Checker, you have to press Start, press Run, and then type cmd.exe, in addition to afterward hit OK. At the command prompt, you have to type sfc /purgecache, in addition to then select ENTER. Windows File Protection effectively made the requested modify. Then At the command prompt, type sfc /scannow, in addition to then select ENTER. At the command prompt, you have to type exit, in addition to then select ENTER to shut the command prompt. Then take out the software program from Add or Remove Programs.

You be able to rearrange your Internet Explorer settings back to default, which be supposed to afterward permit you to download Flash Player. You be able to perform this by:
    • (From within Internet Explorer) Click Tools
    • Press Internet Options
    • Press the Advanced tab
    • Press Reset...
    • Press Reset
    • Press Close
    • Press OK
    • Close Internet Explorer
    • Open Internet Explorer
    Hope that assists, look forward to hearing back from you.