Thread: Can i run meego on AMD processor?

Can i run meego on AMD processor?

Can i run meego on AMD processor? I dont know if it is possible or not, but i want to try it. Is there any issues if i try this? Also i'm not into to much techology, so i just want to make sure i dont screw anything. Thanks I like the user interface of meego over android as it is more user friendly. As i said earlier i'm not that much into technology, so any other mobile OS that you might recommend over meego. Also if anyone can guide me in this direction, it would be helpful. Thanks

Re: Can i run meego on AMD processor?

No reason for running mobile os on amd processor based device. Well from what i know Meego is currently developed for IA-32 architecture only which includes the Atom architecture, but other processors in your case AMD might have no problem in running the meego os as 64bit processors can support 32bit OSes as well. Also meego is compatible with other processors, including x86-64 architecture, which is originally AMD old processors which were 32bit. You can try it on your device. On which device are you going to install meego? I think if the device is know, someone else might help you too.

The bigger problem which i think is that meego requires a processor with SSE3 to work, so if you are planning to install meego no a newer amd processor based device like netbook, or laptops, it might work, but you will have to find it out yourself. By the way which device is it that you want to install meego into. If its a netbook or laptop, other linux based OS would be a better choice as meego is a mobile OS and this will make your device to function only in certain limits also it is not sure whether you will get all the device drivers for meego. Dont try this unless you are a hardcore techie or programmer or system developer. Just a suggestion

I want to try and install meego on my msi netbook with amd processor. If you think that the capability of my laptop will be limited with meego, then which other OS should i try? Which is a simple linux based OS with simple GUI and easy to use. I'm not familiar with linux OS. So i would need help every now and then. Also let me know what OS can i use on this amd based netbook. I checked the processor specification and it says it supports SSSE3 unlike you mentioned SSE3. Will this make a difference in case i just try to install? Cause the install loads but i haven't installed it. If i go ahead and install it, will it run properly? What other choice do i have?

@UnLucky Ali: have you tried ubuntu? i find it very easy to use (user friendly) and you can still get the most from your netbook by using this kind of operating system. the latest version is 11.04 if i'm not mistaken.